Asian Games 2010
Duration: November 12 to 27, 2010
Host City: Guangzhou
Co-Host Cities: Shanwei, Dongguan and Foshan.
- 42 different sports and athletes from 45 Asian nations.
- It is an Asian Olympics and the second largest multi-sport event after the Olympics.
- Like the Olympics, the Asian Games are held every four years.
- Guangzhou is one of China's big megacities with convenient and rapid transportation from Hong Kong and a fairly convenient subway/Metro system. Read information on the Guangzhou Metro system.
- First-time tourists can see one of China's relatively prosperous and big urban areas.
2010 Asian Games Tours
- 4-Day Guangzhou And Shenzhen Essence Tour
- 3-Day Guangzhou And Guilin Combo from $576
- 3-Day Guangzhou And Xiamen Combo from $642
- 2-Day Hong Kong & Guangzhou Essence Tour from $284
- 4-Day Canton Fair And Xi’an Essence Tour from $874
Tourist Hotel, from $34
4 Star, from $67
4 Star, from$93
3 Star, from $74
Guangzhou Travel Guide
Guangzhou is the capital of Guangdong Province and is in China's southeastern coastal area. It is only about 150 kilometers northwest of Hong Kong, and the distance is covered by modern new highways, buses and bullet trains. Foshan is 20 kilometers southwest of Guangzhou, and Dongguan is about 60 kilometers southeast of Guangzhou. Tourists to Guangzhou during the 2010 Asian Games can watch the games, watch the festivities, learn about the people of Guangzhou, shop for bargains on electronics and other products, and eat Chinese food. We would be glad to help you design a tour with all these actitives included.
Top Things to Do in Guangzhou
It is the biggest sightseeing park in Guangzhou City. The verve of Yuexiu Park, as one of the new Eight Attractions of Guangzhou, is completely presented by verdant trees, thriving bamboos, and blooming flowers.
It was built as a collective effort by members from the Chen Family who lived in 72 different counties in Guangdong Province, to honor and worship their ancestors.
It is one of the four Buddhist temple complexes in Guangzhou. There are majestic towers, dense trees, plenty of antiques and valuable heritage from famous people of long ago.
The cruise section from the White Goose Pool to Guangzhou Bridge is the highlight of the Pearl River cruise. Scenery along this part is so fascinating, with jade-colored water and colored lights on shore.
Top Places to Shop in Guangzhou
This 300-meter pedestrian street is crammed full of shops big and small, selling almost everything imaginable, but remember to bargain for it.
With a long history, Shangxiajiu Pedestrian Street has gathered many old and new famous brands such as Taotaoju Restaurant, Qingping Hotel and Yong'an Company.
There are famous fashion stores and several department stores in this street. Visitors can reach half a million a day on holidays and festivals. This mall includes Starbucks, Dairyqueen, Pizzahut and McDonalds.
This large shopping mall has brand name department stores, clothing and electronics stores, and restaurants.