The China Highlights division of Guilin CITS came into existence in 1998 when the company realized that the future of travel lay on the Internet. China Highlights was born and has grown from small beginnings to be the leading online operator and an innovator in the online Chinese travel industry.
Important Events for China Highlights Since 1998
- China Highlights’ Russian Version Went Online
- China Highlights’ Trademark Successfully Registered in China
- China Highlights' Mobile Version Is Available
- China Highlights Finished Balloon Volleyball Match
- CITS Guilin Celebrates 50th Anniversary
- China Highlights "Contract Knowledge Competition 2010"
- NBA Star, Andrew Bynum Visited Guilin with Our Company
- China Highlights "Wow Factors Competition" Award Ceremony
- China Highlights "China Highlights December Inspection Trip"
- China Highlights Held Annual Lucky Draw for 2009
- The web site: www.diychinatours.com went online for the business market.
- The web site: www.voyageschine.com went online for French market.
- An Internationally Famous Ballet Group traveled in Guilin with China Highlights.
- China Highlights had the honor of arranging a Guilin Tour for an Irish Ambassador and his Wife.
- China Highlights settled its Service Values and Vision.
- The fourth generation of the China Highlights website went online including easier navigation and more China Travel Information. China Highlights chose a new logo.
- China Highlights supports a Volunteer Association.
- China Highlights was awarded by PayPal.
- The former Prime Minister of Nepal visited Guilin with China Highlights.
- China Highlights sets up a new Quality Supervision Team/ Customer Feedback Team to provide better service to our customers
- The Tibet information and travel web site www.tibettravel.info went online.
- China Highlights held the 1st lucky draw
- China Highlights train schedule search went online
- Air ticket booking features were included in our service range.
- China Highlights took the lead in Chinese domestic tourism in offering Paypal as a payment option.
- The China Highlights “Community” went online.
- The third generation of the China Highlights web site went online, including a hotels booking service.
- The new web sites: www.guilinchina.net, www.mybeijingchina.com and www.yangtzeriver.org went online
- Start of the Web site for the German market: www.chinarundreisen.com.
- Start of the Web site for the Japanese market: www.arachina.com.
- The first Suppliers Conference was held in Guilin. China Highlights held a Suppliers Conference in Guilin from January 5 through 14. Over 50 suppliers and local partners from all over China were invited to attend the conference.
- Mr.Gupta Rajat visited Guilin. The managing director of McKinsey & Company, USA, Mr. Gupta Rajat, was with us in Guilin with his daughter.
- The new web sites www.beijingHighlights.com and www.shanghaihighlights.com were estabilished.
- Chinahighlights.com's new version went online. The new version has greatly improved its usability and the Customer Service Section.
- Started hotel reservation business.
- China Highlights started accepting credit cards, making the booking more convenient.
- CITS Guilin went to PATA (Pacific Asia Travel Association) 2000 in Singapore. Christine Gong and Rachel Qin attended. Booth number: F06; Mar 31, 2000.
- The Clintons were in Guilin. CITS worked together with the foreign affairs office for the president's visit to the River Li. Click “Clintons”to see our sales manager Rachel Qin's picture with Mrs Clinton (July 7, 1998) and the 2000 Clintons on the Li River photo.
- China Highlights offered Yangtze Cruise booking service.
- The first group confirmed their tour with China Highlights.
- Be a member of IATA: The International Air Transport Association
- China highlights is a member of USTOA
- The domain name “chinahighlights.com” was registered.
- The first edition of China Highlights was completed.
About Our Website
China Highlights was built in 1998 to develop travel marketing online. China Highlights’ website has been upgraded to a new version five times, in 2002, 2004, 2007 and 2009.
About Our Company
China Highlights is operated by Guilin China International Travel Service Co., Ltd (Guilin CITS), which was established in 1959, and was operated until October 2006 as a State Owned Enterprise owned by the Guilin Tourism Bureau. It was part of the CITS Group nationally. CITS Guilin was privatized in October 2006 as part of the Central Government's plan to divest itself of most of its state-owned enterprises throughout China. As a profitable and well run company, CITS Guilin was particularly easy to sell.
|Year||Number of Foreign Travelers|
|2003||55,748 * ()|
* sales affected by SARS
- Got Top 10 Guangxi International Travel Agencies in 1996, 1997, 2000, 2004, 2009
- Got Top 100 Chinese International Travel Agencies in 1997-2009
- Go Top 8 Guangxi International Travel Agencies in 1998, 1999, 2007, 2009
- Go Top 7 Guilin International Travel Agencies in 2000-2005