Baotou's highlights are concentrated around the surrounding areas. The only worthwhile sight in the city is the Steam Locomotive Museum. Around Baotou, visitors can see the Mausoleum of Genghis Khan, Wudangzhao Lamasery, a large and well-preserved Tibetan monastery, and Resonant Sand Bay, where travelers can experience the unique natural phenomena of singing sands. Covered on this page are the most popular attractions in Baotou.
Questions and Answers About Baotou Attractions
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
- Chinese Name: 包头
- Pinyin: bāo tóu
- English Name: Baotou
- Province: Inner Mongolia
- Language: Chinese, Mongolian
- Location: North China
- Latitude: 40° 58′ N
- Longitude:110° 00′ E
- Area: 27,768 sq. km. (10,721 sq. mi.)
- Time Zone: (UTC+8)
- Area Code: 0472
- Population: 2.46 million