Travel Tips for Physically Challenged Travelers to Beijing
Don't worry that you may have some problems traveling around Beijing if you are physically challenged. Convenient facilities at the attractions, together with our considerate service make our Beijing tours as convenient and access-friendly as possible.
Planning a Tour of Beijing
Gather as much information as possible regarding the accessibility of places you want to go to. Contact us if you need any help.
- When booking with us inform your travel advisor of your physical condition and what activities might present a challenge (e.g. negotiating steps), and any mobility aids (wheelchair, crutches, help carrying bags, etc.) that you need.
- If needed book wheelchair accessible hotel rooms and transport.
- Don't make your schedule overloaded.
Other preparation tips are listed in Tips for Disabled Travelers to China.
Choice of Attractions
Most attractions in Beijing are equipped with barrier-free facilities to make convenience for disabled travelers. But long-distance hiking trails, mountain climbing, and some adventurous activities are not recommended.
Priority access — no queuing! Disabled travelers are privileged to be able to enter some attractions through a "green path" (a special entrance for disabled travelers only).
- The Great Wall at Mutianyu: This section of the Great Wall is recommended for less mobile travelers as it has cableways.
See our popular Beijing Attractions for information on other attractions. You may have to contact us for specific access information.
Best Time to Visit
Every season has its charm in Beijing. Autumn marks the best time to visit, due to the moderate temperature and dryness. See our Beijing Weather Information for more on seasonal variation, and useful tourism and clothing suggestions.
During Your Trip
It is not appropriate for travelers in wheelchairs to take the subway or city buses. China Highlights suggests you take taxis, or a tour with us, when you will have the help of your driver and tour guide. China Highlights' tours include easily accessible private transport, which will make your tour less stressful.
China Highlights cares about your requirements. We are experienced in customizing tours of Beijing for the less physically able. Contact us for any help you need. We will work hard to make it a quality and problem-free experience!
Also read Travel Tips for Student Travelers to Beijing.
- Travel Tips for Senior Travelers to Beijing
- How to Plan a Beijing Tour
- Tips & Articles about Traveling around Beijing
Questions and Answers About Travel Tips for Physically Challenged Travelers to Beijing
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
I updated this article on February 13, 2014
See all my travel articles
- Beijing Things To Do
- Top Things to Do
- Top Reasons to Visit
- Things to Do With Kids
- Beijing Trip Planning
- Beijing Trip Planner
- How to Plan a Beijing Tour
- How to Plan a Family Tour of Beijing