Beijing International Marathon
Beijing International Marathon is one of the two leading marathon competitions of China. Organized by China Athletic Association, it is held in every October since 1981. It represents the highest level of China marathon competition.
1. It is one of the China marathons with the longest history. The rich marathon organization experience and fine facilities ensure a perfect completion of Beijing International Marathon.
2. Besides the main marathon, there are half marathon and 9KM and 4.2KM runs.
3. Beijing, a world famous ancient city and young metropolis, the capital city of the People's Republic of China, is the seat of power for the most populous and fastest developing country in the world. The race course starts from Tiananmen Square and ends up at the Olympic Sport center, passing through a lot of famous attractions in the city of Beijing.
4. The competition is held every October, the most comfortable month of Beijing in regarding of temperature and humidity. The average temperature is around 11-18 ℃. It is good for participants to bring their abilities into play.
5. The level of Beijing International Marathon is high throughout China and the world. The record of Beijing International Marathon ranks the fifth in the world.
6. A time limit has set for Beijing International Marathon since 1998 to raise the level of the competition: five hours for full marathon, two and half hours for a half marathon, one hour for a 9km run and 25 minutes for a 4.2km run. Runners failing to reach the time limit will be asked to get on a pick-up vehicle.
Time: One day in October
Venue: Beijing Tiananmen Square (Start Point)
Registration: Both individual and team registration are accepted. You can register on the official website of Beijing International Marathon. The entry is http://www.beijing-marathon.com/Default.aspx
- Beijing Things To Do
- Top Things to Do
- Top Reasons to Visit Beiing
- Things to Do With Kids
- one day tour in Beijing