Beijing International Marathon
Beijing International Marathon is one of the two leading marathon competitions of China. Organized by China Athletic Association, it has been held in October every year since 1981.
It represents the highest level of marathon competition in China, and is notable worldwide. The record of Beijing International Marathon ranks the fifth in the world.
The race course starts from Tian'anmen Square and ends up at the Olympic Sports Center, passing through a lot of famous attractions in the city of Beijing. The course is certified for world record performances. The current record for the course is held by Tadese Tola of Ethiopia at 2:07:16 (2013).
The competition is held every October, the most comfortable month of Beijing in regarding of temperature and humidity. The average temperature is around 11-18 °C, ideal for participants to bring their best performance into play.
Besides the main marathon, there are half marathon and 10 km and 4.2 km runs.
Time limits have been set for Beijing International Marathon events since 1998 to raise the level of the competition: five hours for the full marathon, two and a half hours for a half marathon, one hour for a 10-km run and 25 minutes for the 4.2-km run. Runners failing to finish at the time limit will be asked to get on a pick-up vehicle.
- Date: October 2014 date TBA
- Registration: Both individual and team registration are accepted. You can register on the official website of Beijing International Marathon (www.beijing-marathon.com).
- The Beijing International Long-Distance Running Festival held in April
- The Great Wall Marathon held on the third Saturday of May
Questions and Answers About Beijing International Marathon
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
- Beijing Things To Do
- Top Things to Do
- Top Reasons to Visit
- Things to Do With Kids
- Beijing Trip Planning
- Beijing Trip Planner
- How to Plan a Beijing Tour
- How to Plan a Family Tour of Beijing