Jinzhan Tulip Garden
Do you like gardens, flowers or botany? If so, Jinzhan Tulip Garden in Chaoyang District is one of two big tulip gardens where you can see thousands of tulips, especially in the spring. You can see various varieties throughout the year.
The garden graces Chaoyang District in Beijing where expats prefer to live. Close to Beijing's central ancient attractions, the Jinzhan Tulip Garden and Chaoyang Park makes the district attractive for tourists.
- 26 hectares (61 acres) of specially bred tulips
- New varieties
- Experimental breeding plots
- Pleasant paths to stroll along from spring to fall.
The garden features two large greenhouses and European-style architecture.
The garden usually isn't crowded. So it might be a place to go with your loved one for a quiet stroll.
Beijing's Other Large Gardens
Jinzhan Tulip Garden is smaller than the more famous tulip garden display that fully blooms in the spring inside the Beijing Botanical Garden’s 400 hectare park. Hundreds of thousands of bulbs sprout for a special tulip garden display there each year. It is on Wofosi Road about 25 kilometers northwest of central Beijing.
Another spring tulip garden blooms at Beijing International Flower Port in Shunyi District, about 40 kilometers or 25 miles northeast of central Beijing. It is a botanical research center and farm where you can also pick your own fruit. Tulips are a special feature of spring, but they can be appreciated throughout the year at these gardens.
You could spend a whole day touring these large gardens.
- Address: North of Jinzhan Xi Street, Chaoyang District.
- Season: The garden and its greenhouses can be visited throughout the year, but obviously spring is the best season for the tulips.
China Highlights can help you customize a tour to visit Jinzhan Tulip Garden and other highlights in Beijing.
Questions and Answers About Jinzhan Tulip Garden
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
- Beijing Things To Do
- Top Things to Do
- Top Reasons to Visit
- Things to Do With Kids
- Beijing Trip Planning
- Beijing Trip Planner
- How to Plan a Beijing Tour
- How to Plan a Family Tour of Beijing