Maliandao Tea Market
Tea is an exceptionally important part of Chinese culture, and drinking tea should be part of a cultural tour of Beijing. Situated to the south of Beijing West Railway Station, this large four-story building is home to various kinds of tea.
Entering Beijing Maliandao Tea Market, you are immersed into the strong scent of the tea and characteristic tea sets. The vendors on the first and second floor of the market are hospitable and welcome you to taste the tea even if you don't want to buy.
Some big tea companies with splendid decoration are on the third and fourth floor, where exhibitions of the development of tea are shown to customers.
Maliandao Street has many tea shops where the prices of tea and tea sets are quite acceptable. But don't forget to bargain!
- Location: 11 Maliandao Street, Guang'anmenwai, Xuanwu District
- Open: 9am – 7pm
- Buses: Take bus 46, 89, 414, or special line 27 (27专线) to Maliandao Hutong (马连道胡同).
Want to have a few cups of Chinese tea and experience authentic Chinese tea culture? Contact us to have us tailor-make a special cultural tour of Beijing, including visiting Maliandao Tea Market.
Questions and Answers About Maliandao Tea Market
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
I updated this article on April 17, 2014
See all my travel articles
- Beijing Things To Do
- Top Things to Do
- Top Reasons to Visit
- Things to Do With Kids
- Beijing Trip Planning
- Beijing Trip Planner
- How to Plan a Beijing Tour
- How to Plan a Family Tour of Beijing