Yunfoshan Ski Resort
- Area: 45,000 square meters.
- Trails: 9
- Skiing Market: Beginners to Intermediate.
- Season: December- March
- Location: It is just south of the Miyun Reservoir in a Beijing suburb about 95 kilometers northeast of the center of the capital.
- Travel: Take public bus No. 987 from Dongzhimen.
Yunfoshan Ski Resort is a small ski park northeast of Beijing. It covers 45,000 square meters. It is about 95 kilometers north of Beijing, and sits near the shore of an artificial lake called Miyun Reservoir that is one of Beijing's water reservoirs. The resort has a small main hill and a 1,000 meter intermediate run, 3 other intermediate runs with lesser difficulty, 4 beginners runs that range from 100 to 300 meters, and a cross-country trail for snowmobiles. See China Highlights ski tours to ski in Yunfoshan Ski Resort.
Ski resorts close to Beijing include: Badaling, Wanlong, Yuyang, and Jundushan. Jundushan Ski Resort is about 30 kilometers away from the center of Beijing. If you are looking for advanced slopes and something a little more like Vail or Aspen, Wanlong Ski Resort is about 250 kilometers away from Beijing, and it offers skiing all season long, since it sits on a high elevation mountain. There are slopes for advanced skiers such as a Nastar-like course and a mogul field.
The peak crowds on the slopes come during the two week Spring Festival national holidays that start on the lunar new year; that is, during the two weeks after February 13, 2010. The area will be unusually busy on these days.
The varied weather around Beijing may not allow skiing all season long.
The ski park is so close to Beijing that you can take public buses or a taxi. Take Bus No. 987 at Dongzhimen. To get there by taxi or by driving, take Jingcheng Highway, exit at Exit No.15, and go north. It is on road S313 that hugs the southern shore of Miyun Reservoir.
Continue to read China ski resorts.
Questions and Answers About Yunfoshan Ski Resort
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
I updated this article on April 17, 2014
See all my travel articles
- Beijing Things To Do
- Top Things to Do
- Top Reasons to Visit
- Things to Do With Kids
- Beijing Trip Planning
- Beijing Trip Planner
- How to Plan a Beijing Tour
- How to Plan a Family Tour of Beijing