The Summer Palace is located in the northeastern suburb of Beijing. It was initially built in 1750 by Emperor Qianlong. The architecture style of Summer Palace is "making people believe it is inartificial". It covers an area of 70 thousand square meters and holds over 3000 houses. In 1860 and 1900 it was destroyed by invaders and in 1912 it was rebuilt by the Government of Qing Dynasty. In 1924, it began to be open to public.