Beijing Subway Line 1
Beijing Subway Line 1 for Major Tourism Sites
Beijing Subway Line 1 is the most efficient way to travel through central Beijing as it lies underneath the city's main street with stops at major attractions (like Tian’anmen Square, the Forbidden City, and Wangfujing Shopping Street).
At 30.4 km (19 miles) long, Line 1 is the longest of Beijing's subway lines, stretching from Pingguoyuan to Sihuidong in east Beijing.
Major Stops on Line 1
Although there are 23 stops on the line, most visitors will only travel between the Military Museum and Guomao stops. Reader boards and oral announcements of stops are in English as well as Chinese. Key stops on this portion of the line are:
- the Military Museum (军事博物馆), which is within walking distance of Beijing West Railway Station;
- Tian'anmen East and West (天安门东, 天安门西), which are stops for Tian'anmen Square and the Forbidden City;
- Wangfujing (王府井);
- Jianguomen (建国门), which is a short walk to the Friendship Store;
- Yong'anli (永安里), the stop closest to Silk Street; and
- Guomao (国贸), for the World Trade Center.
Transfer stations are at: Fuxingmen and Jianguomen for Line 2, a loop line which mostly follows the Second Ring Road, and at Dongdan for Line 5, which is a north-south line, Xidan for Line 4, and Guomao for Line 10.
The first train of the day from Pingguoyuan leaves at 5:10 a.m., 12 minutes after the first train from Guchenglu, with the last train departing Pingguoyuan around 10:55 p.m. The first train from Sihuidong heads west at 5:05 a.m., 9 minutes after the first train from Sihui, and the last train departs Sihuidong at 11:15 p.m. Trains run every few minutes in both directions.
|Station||To Sihuidong||To Pingguoyuan|
|First Train||Last Train||First Train||Last Train|
|Bajiao Amusement Park||05:01||23:02||05:32||00:03|
- Beijing Things To Do
- Top Things to Do
- Top Reasons to Visit Beiing
- Things to Do With Kids