Changsha Weather in January
In January in Changsha, the highest temperature reaches around 8 °C (46.4 °F) and the lowest is about 2 °C (35.6 °F). It feels very cold and a little dry, but not freezing. Snow falls and the city sometimes sees sleet and strong winds, so an umbrella is necessary for going outdoors. A thick coat and jeans are recommended when you are outdoors.
Late January and early February often mark the beginning of the Chinese Spring Festival. Many authentic Chinese activities are held during the festival. In Changsha, people gather at Juzi Island to celebrate the New Year and pop fireworks to, at the same time, honor the great leader President Mao.
January falls during the low travel season, so flight or train tickets are easy to buy. Hotel room prices are also cheaper than during other months of the year. Planning to visit Changsha? See our website and let us help you design your own tour of Changsha.
Changsha Climate Information by Month
- Changsha Weather in January
- Changsha Weather in February
- Changsha Weather in March
- Changsha Weather in April
- Changsha Weather in May
- Changsha Weather in June
- Changsha Weather in July
- Changsha Weather in August
- Changsha Weather in September
- Changsha Weather in October
- Changsha Weather in November
- Changsha Weather in December
Questions and Answers About Changsha Weather in January
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
I updated this article on December 14, 2012
See all my travel articles