The Best Agritainment Areas in Chengdu
Just a century ago living on a farm was much more common. Nowadays those places are quickly disappearing along with that ideal image in our mind of the slow peaceful life away from everything. Then agritainment was invented to support small farms and give us city folk a chance to experience rural life.
Agritainment solves the problem of how to be environmentally friendly while having a good time. As this industry develops these places will be entirely environmentally sustainable. Currently, most places are small family owned "farmhouses". Activities usually involve mahjong, biking, fishing, kite flying, hiking, horse riding, eating, and if it is the right season harvesting.
The closest agritainment area is also one of the best. The unique thing about this area is that it is also a huge wholesale area for potted plants. This entire area is filled with "farmhouses", families that open their houses to guests and provide simple entertainment, meals, and lodging.
- Location: Chengdu, Jinjiang District 三圣花乡 (四川省成都市锦江区)
- How to get there: Take bus 899 or 898 from Chengdongyunke Zhongxin to Donglijuyuan Zhaohuzhan (about 20 minutes)
The name of this area suggests that this area is a perfect mixture of science and agriculture. This was the first area promoted by the government to show how to create ecological and sustainable rural areas. There are special areas to find out how some of the special Sichuan foods are made. Enjoy mindboggling agricultural techniques here, such as fences made from vines.
- Location: Pixian, Chengdu农科村(成都市郫县)
- How to get there: Take bus 716 from the Chadianzi bus stop (subway line 2) to Nongkecun (total travel time about 2 hours)
Longquanyi Taohua Guli
Every year Longquanyi gets a little crowded during the peach blossom festival and peach harvest.
Of course you are welcome to harvest some peaches for yourself, but it is an enjoyable area regardless.
The "farmhouses" here are built right on the mountains and next to the lake. This provides a great place for hiking, fishing, or just drinking tea and playing Majiang.
- Location: Longquanyi Area, Chengdu 桃花故里景区 (成都市龙泉驿区)
- How to get there: Take bus 223 from the Zhengfu Xueyuan stop (Subway line 2), to Longquan Qiche Zong Station, from there take bus 876b to Taohua Guli station (total travel time about 2 hours)
Although this area is a little far away the scenery is extraordinary. The "farmhouses" are located near an official Nature Preserve of China. By getting outside of the big city a little you’ll enjoy a much cheaper price. And also you might be able to avoid big crowds that tend to go to the more popular areas.
- Location: Pengzhou, Chengdu 银厂沟旅游风景区(成都彭州市)
- How to get there: Take a bus from the North Central Bus station to Yinchanggou, or from the North Railway Station take a train to Yinchanggou (total travel time about 2 hours)
Enjoy Agritainment with China Highlights
Simply mention where you would like to go while booking/ inquiring about one of our customizable and easily-extendable Chengdu tours.