Chengdu Teddy Bear Musuem
The Chengdu Teddy Bear Museum is the largest Teddy bear museum in the world, collecting precious limited editions of Teddy bears throughout the world. It is a great destination for a family with kids. Visitors can learn the history and the culture of Teddy through plenty of exhibitions and a 3D film themed with Teddy bear.
The museum has 12 exhibition halls, which are designed by artists from China and South Korea. The 12 halls have different themes, including Teddy history, Teddy in China, Teddy in the world, Teddy under ocean, and Teddy carvings.
Featured Exhibition Halls
The History: The Teddy bears there will show you the famous historical scenes during the past one hundred years.
The China: You will witness China’s thousands of years’ history which is reappeared in Teddy version. There you can see the scenes of Journey to the West, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, and other scenes of famous Chinese legends and historical stories.
The World: Getting on the touring car in this hall, you can see Teddy bears together with the miniatures of the seven wonders in the world, including the Great Wall of China, the Taj Mahai Palace of India, the Pyramid of Egypt, and the Petra of Jordan.
The Art Gallery: The exhibition will show you the Teddy bears designed by world famous designers, who turn the bears into exquisite artworks. Cartoon characters popular among children will come and play with visitors.
The Korea: Teddy bears there will show you Korean culture with traditional Korean wedding ceremony, ancient Korean palace, Korean history, and Korean folk arts.
Beside 12 exhibition halls, there is a souvenir shop offering more than 1,000 Teddy souvenirs, a café, and an outdoor park with graceful natural scenery and interesting activities.
- Location: At the bank of Jinma Lake, Wenjiang District, Chengdu (成都温江区金马湖畔)
- Opening hours: 10am–6pm everyday
- Entry fee: 60 yuan per person, children under 1.2 meters charge free
- Recommended duration: 1.5 hours
- How to get there: It is about 22km from center Chengdu. The public transport is a little complicated: 1) Subway: Take subway line 2 to East Shuhan Station, transfer to bus 37 to Wanjia Wan (万家湾站), and then take bus 761 to Jinma International Sports Center (金马体育城). The museum is in the sports center. 2) Public bus: Take bus 37, 58, 175, 197, or 334 to Wanjia Wan (万家湾站), and then transfer to bus 761 to Jinma International Sports Center (金马体育城).
- Check out our Chengdu tours to visit highlights of Chengdu and its surrounding areas, or contact us to tailor-make a Chengdu tour to include a visit to Teddy Bear Museum.
I updated this article on February 12, 2014
See all my travel articles
- Chengdu Things to Do
- Top Things to Do
- Best Places to See Fall Foliage