Yichang Sanxia Airport
Yichang Sanxia Airport is located in the Xiaoting District of Yichang City, 26 kilometers away from the city center and 55 kilometers from the Three Gorges Dam site. The airport is conveniently located, which borders Yihuang Highway in the north, Long River Golden Waterway in the south and Jiaozhi Railway in the east.
Airlines on Sanxia Airport
So far, there are 24 domestic lines and 4 international temporary lines. There are flights to cities include Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Haikou, Chengdu, Chongqing, Kunming, Shenzhen, Zhuhai, Enshi, Changsha, Zhangjiajie, Wuhan, Nanjing, Xi’an, Hangzhou, Qingdao, Jinan, Zhengzhou, Wenzhou, Nanning, Xiamen, Shantou, Huangshan and Hong Kong in China. The international lines can take you to the main cities of Korea and Japan.
- Chinese Name: 宜昌三峡机场
- Airport Code: YIH
- Website: http://www.sanxiaairport.com
- Address: Xiaoting District, Yichang City
Chinese Address: 湖北省宜昌市猇亭区
- Telephone: 0717-6532114
Transportation To/From the Airport
There are now six buses serving the airports, among which there is one imported Coaster bus, two luxurious Kinglong buses as well as three comfortable North Buses.
The airport shuttle buses run from the time when the first flight comes and stop till the last flight leaves. Its terminal is Qingjiang Hotel of Yichang City, which is about 40 kilometers away from the airport. It takes around 50 minutes to get there from the airport with the ticket price of 20 Yuan. It stops at bus stations and wharfs on the way. If you are in a hurry, then you’d better take a taxi, which costs 100 to 120 Yuan and 40 minutes to downtown.
You can take the buses to the airport at the Qingjiang Hotel. If you want to know the time when the first bus departures, you are advised to go to the Front Desk of the Hotel or dial the number 13986802005. The passengers, who buy air tickets at the Three Gorges Ticket Office on the Hongxing Road of Yichang City, can take the bus without charging. It stops at the Fucheng Ticket Office on the way.
Other Airport Information
- Information Desk: 0717-6532114
- Ticket Office: 0717-6532650
- Freight Office：0717-6532651
- Baggage Tracing: 0717-6532615
- Health Care：0717-6532595
- Lost and Found：0717-6532615
- Left Baggage：0717-6532615
- QOC Complain：0717-6532315
- Security Services：0717-6532562
- Airline lounges：0717-6532612
- Booking Hotline (Downtown)：0717-6230333 or 0717-6230222
- Booking Hotline (Airport)：0717-6561222 or 0717-6532650
- Baggage Carts: You can use baggage carts in the hall for free.
- Package: You can have your baggage packaged with the charge of RMB10 per piece.
- Baggage Tracing: You can go to the baggage tracing desk if you have any question about baggage. (
P.S. They are all provided in the first floor of the Terminal Building. )
There are mainly three procedures. Firstly, cross the aerobridge to the Terminal Building after getting to the airport. Secondly, take a rest in the boarding lounge on the second floor. Thirdly, pay attention to the boarding information shown on screen and announced by broadcast and get ready.
History of Sanxia Airport
The Yichang Three Gorges Airport was opened on 28th December in 1996. It covers an area of 3966.4 acres. Airplanes including B737, B757, B767 and A320 are able to take off and land there. There are six aircraft stands in total at the parking apron.
Please drive me to Yichang Sanxia Airport, thank you!
请送我到 宜昌三峡 机场，谢谢