Chinese Embassy in Australia
- Name: Chinese Embassy in Australia
- Address: 15CORONATIONDRIVE,YARRALUMLA,A.C.T.2600,AUSTRALIA
- Tel: 2734783
- Fax: 2734878?2735189
- Office hours: 9:00-17:00 from Monday to Friday (except holidays)
- Website: http://perth.china-consulate.org/eng/
- Email: email@example.com
Note: This information was last updated on June 17, 2008. See the embassy website for confirmation: http://au.china-embassy.org/eng/
Tourist (L) Visa Application
You may submit the application to the Visa Office of the Embassy or Consulate-General which holds consular jurisdiction over the state where you live in. Application must be made within 3 months before the intended date of entry into China. You are required to apply for the visa in person. If you cannot go in person, you may entrust someone else (your friends, relatives or travel agents) to transact your application affairs. If you are an Australian Capital Territory, South Australia, or Northern Territory resident and able to submit all the necessary materials at once, if you are unable to apply in person under special situation, the embassy would accept your mail-in visa application.
A completed Visa Application Form (with a passport photograph attached) and a passport (with at least 6-month validity and at least 2 blank visa pages). If you apply the visa by e-mail, you should also mail your Visa Application Form and passport to the embassy.
Fee and Payment Method
Different kind of visa varies in payment. There are four kinds of L visa payment and the detail payment information is present in the following chart.
|Visa \ Passport||Australian||US||Others|
|Single-Entry Visa (must use within 3-months)||A$40||A$169||A$50|
|Double-Entry Visa (must use within 6-months)||A$60||A$169||A$75|
|Multiple-Entry Visa (must use within 6-months)||A$80||A$169||A$100|
|Multiple-Entry Visa (must use within 12-months)||A$120||A$169||A$150|
If you apply the visa by e-mail, the Visa application fee is the same but you should pay the mail handling fee (Agent lodgment fee). It charges $10.00 for per package.
You should pay for the visa on collection. You can pay the visa fee by credit card, bank cheque, and money order or company cheque. And the "payee" should be CHINESE EMBASSY. It is not acceptable to pay by personal cheque or banking card.
- The regular processing time is 4 working days (e.g. submission on Monday, pick up on Thursday).
- Express service: 2–3 working days processing. The second-day pick-up visa charges extra A$50 for per visa and the third-day pick-up visa charges extra A$30 for per visa.
- Same day rush service: additional fee of $50 for 1 working day processing (only applications submitted by person between 9am and 9:30am can be picked up between 11:30am and 12pm by person in the same day.).
Visa should be picked up on the day the "PICK UP FORM" requires. The "PICK UP FORM" is the only proof to get the visa. If the "PICK UP FORM" is lost, only the passport holder himself with proper photo ID can retrieve his passport. You may entrust someone else or a travel/visa agent to transact your application affairs, and the "PICK UP FORM" must be brought with.
Where to Apply
You need to choose the Visa Office of the Embassy or Consulate-General which holds consular jurisdiction over the state where you live. See figure below, Addresses, etc. and follow the office hours info.
- The embassy and the consulates generally have the same visa section office hours: Monday to Friday 9am–12:30pm (Except public holiday).
- Phone Inquiry: 02-6273 4783 / 02-62737443
Holidays Schedule in 2011: New Year's Day, Australia Day, Spring Festival, Spring Festival, Spring Festival, Easter, Anzac Day, International Labor Day, Queen's Birthday, Mid-Autumn Festival, National Day, Family and Community Fun Day, Christmas.
The Chinese Embassy Visa Office
- Districts covered: Australian Capital Territory, South Australia and Northern Territory
- Website: http://au.china-embassy.org/eng/
- Address: 15 Coronation Drive Yarralumla, ACT 2600 Canberra Australia
- Telephone Consulting Service: 02-62734783 or 02-62737443 (Please call at pm)
- Fax: 02-62739615 (For urgent affairs)
- Hours of Business for visa application: 9:00am–12:30pm (Monday to Friday)
Consulate-General of the People's Republic of China in Sydney
- Districts covered: South Wales, Sydney
- Website: http://sydney.china-consulate.org/eng/
- Address: Level 5, 299 Elizabeth Street, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia.
- Tel: +61-2-94758800
- Fax: +61-2-92612088
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PO Box: P.O. Box 20516 World Square NSW 2002
Consulate-General of the People’s Republic of China in Melbourne
- Districts covered: Victoria and Tasmania, Melbourne
- Website: http://melbourne.china-consulate.org/eng/
- Address: PART Ground Floor, 570 ST Kilda Rd., Melbourne, VIC 3004, Australia
- Tel: +61-3-9937-2308
- Fax: +61-3-9937-2338
- E-mail: email@example.com
- PO Box: P.O. Box 7227, ST Kilda Rd., Melbourne, VIC 8004
Consulate-General of the People's Republic of China in Brisbane
- Districts covered: Queensland, Brisbane
- Website: http://brisbane.china-consulate.org/eng/gzzc/
- Address: PART level 4, 140 Ann Street, Brisbane, QLD 4000, Australia
- Tel: +61-7-3031-6300
- Fax: +61-7-3221-9388
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PO Box: P.O. Box 12545 George Street, QLD 4003
Consulate-General of the People's Republic of China in Perth
- Districts covered: Western Australia, Perth
- Website: http://perth.china-consulate.org/eng/
- Address: 45 Brown Street, East Perth, WA 6004, Australia
- Tel: 61-8-92220333
- Fax: 61-8-92216144
- E-mail: email@example.com
- PO Box: PO Box 6831, East Perth, WA 6892