Chinese Embassy in The Kingdom of Belgium
- Name Chinese Embassy in The Kingdom of Belgium
- Address: AVENUEDETERVUEN,443-4451150BRUXELLES
- Tel: 7794333
- Fax: 7792283
- Office hours: (Tuesday, Thursday 14:30-16:30, holidays excepted）
- Website: http://be.china-embassy.org/eng/
Note: This information was last updated on July 17, 2011. See the embassy website for confirmation: http://be.china-embassy.org/eng/
1. Tourist (L) Visa Application
Postal applications are acceptable in the Chinese Visa Application Service Center but not the Consular Section. You may submit the application to the Consular Section of the Embassy or the Visa Application Service Centre which holds consular jurisdiction; if you cannot go in person, you may entrust someone else or a travel/visa agent to transact your application affairs. You may book in advance via the Centre's website for submission. An interview may be required by the Chinese Embassy if necessary.
A completely filled out L visa form, Original passport (with a recently-taken colorful passport photo stuck on it, and from the day of application, with at least 6 months validity for single or double entry; 12 months validity for the multiple entry within 6 months; 18 months validity for the multiple entry within 18 months), and a 2 inch passport photo. s
Additional documents are required for different purposes:
- If you plan to tour in China, please provide the return flight ticket and hotel booking document in China.
- If you plan to visit relatives, please provide the kinship documents.
- If you plan to visit friends, please provide the invitation letter, assurance and identification of the friends or his /her permanent resident (copy).
- If you live in your own house rather than a hotel, please provide the copy of title deed of the house. E. If you apply for special tour (Including self-driving, hiking, cycling, horse-riding, camel-riding, aerial photographing, photographing, exploration, hot air balloon, or other expeditions.) to China, please provide a visa notification, which is issued by China National Tourism Administration or the tourism administration of related province, autonomous region or municipality under the Central Government.
- If you intend to climb mountain, please provide visa notification issued by the General Administration of Sport of China. If you plan to climb mountain in Tibet, please provide visa notification approved by Tibet Autonomous Region.
- If you apply to tour in Tibet, please contact the Tourism Administration of the Tibet Autonomous Region in advance (Tel: 0086-891-6834313; Fax: 0086-891-6834632) and provide an invitation letter issued by it.
Fee and Payment Method
Visa fees are dependent on your nationality and numbers of your entries and duration. The total amount of the fees = visa fees + application service fees (which include 21% VAT are charged by the Center). Please pay with cash /debit card. Check the following fee schedule for reference.
Schedule of Fees (Unit: EUR)
|Other Country Citizen|
|Multiple entries（six months）||100||110|
|Multiple entries（one year）||150||160|
|Express visa fee for the third working-day collection||23||23||23|
|Urgent visa fee for the second working-day collection||33||33||33|
|Group visa (single entry)||40||85||40|
|Application Service Fees||Regular service(Fourth working-day collection)||36.3 (6.3 VAT inclusive)|
|60.5 (10.5 VAT inclusive)|
|Urgent service(Second working-day collection)||72.6 (12.6 VAT inclusive)|
|Post service(postage exclusive)||72.6 (12.6 VAT inclusive)|
- The regular processing time is 4 working days (e.g. submission on Monday, pick up on Thursday).
- Express service: 2 working days processing (3rd day collection), extra EUR83.3 will be charged per visa.
- Urgent service: additional fee of EUR105.6 for 1 working day processing (2nd day collection, the application should be submitted before 12:00am).
Visas can be picked up on or after the pick-up date. Pay visa fees, service fees and present the receipt when pick up visas.
2. Where to Apply
You need to go to the Visa Application Service Centre in Brussels for ordinary application. However, if you hold Diplomatic, Service or Official passport, or if you are qualified to apply for the Chinese Diplomatic, Service, or Courtesy visa, or if you apply for Hong Kong visa/ entry permit, please submit your application directly to the Consular Section of the Chinese Embassy. See figure below. Addresses, etc. follow the office hours info.
The Consular Section and the Center usually work from Monday to Friday, and they are closed on the following holidays: Spring Festival, Easter, International Labor Day, Dragon Boat Festival, Belgian National Day, Moon Festival, Chinese National Day, Armistice Day, and Christmas.
The Chinese Visa Application Service Center in Brussels
- Website: www.visaforchina.org
- Address: No. 109 Rue Neerveld, Woluwe Saint-Lambert 1200，Bruxelles
- Business hours: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm for application submission 9:00 am- 4:00 pm for payment and passport collection
- Tel: 02 775 0888
- Fax: 02 775 0880
- Email: email@example.com
The Chinese Embassy Consular Section
- Website: http://be.china-embassy.org/eng/
- Address: Boulevard de Souverain 400, 1160 Auderghem
- Business hours: 9:00am- 11:30am
- Tel: 0032-2663301/4（every Tuesday& Thursday 2:30pm-3:30pm，except holidays）
- Fax: 0032-27792283