Chinese Embassy in Bulgaria
- Name Chinese Embassy in Bulgaria
- Address: STR. ALEXANDER VON HUMBOLDT 7, SOFIA 1113, REPUBLIC OF BULGARIA
- Tel: 00359 - (0)2- 973 38
- Fax: 00359 - (0)2 -971 10
- Office hours: 9:00-12:00 14:30-15:30 Monday to Friday (except holidays)
- Website: http://www.chinaembassy.bg/eng/
- Email: email@example.com
Note: This information was last updated on the date of July 14, 2005. See the embassy website for confirmation: http://www.chinaembassy.bg/eng/default.htm
1. Tourist (L) Visa Application
Mailed applications are not acceptable and will be returned. You may submit the application to the Visa Office of the Embassy; if you cannot go in person, you may entrust someone else or a travel/visa agent to transact your application affairs. No appointment is required. Visa L is a short duration of stay, usually 30 days, no more than 90 days, and could not be extended upon expiration.
- A filling out L visa application form;
- Passport with at least 6 months validity and at least on blank visa page or a travel document in lieu of the passport;
- Three 2 inch passport style photos, bareheaded and full-faced, attached to the application form.
- Booking hotel in China(The original and its copy)；
- A round trip air ticket (The original and its copy);
As for the family visiting (L) visa: please provide the evidence of your relationship (such as a birth certificate or a marriage license) in China and a round trip air ticket;
Fee and Payment Method
Since the date of April 20, 2008, Bulgarians who wish to visit China have been exempted from any costs of processing a visa. Therefore, the application is free for you.
Normally, it will take 4 to 6 weeks to process an entry visa application. So it is better for applicants to apply for a visa a week in advance before your trip to China.
Since the date of July 14, 2005, citizens of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China and citizens of the Republic of Bulgaria shall be exempted from visa requirements for entry into or transit through the territory of each other for a period of stay up to 90 days per period of six months.
Visas can be picked up on or after the pick-up date specified in the receipt. The receipt must be presented. Applicants can pay and pick up visas themselves or send an entrusted person or travel agency with the receipt.
2. Where to Apply
See figure below. Addresses, etc. follow the office hours’ info.
- Address: Str. Alexander Von Humboldt 7, Sofia, Republic of Bulgaria
- Telephone number: 00359 - (0)2973 3873
- Fax number: 00359 - (0)2971 1081
- consular section：00359 - (0)29733947
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org