Chinese Embassy in The Republic of India
- Name Chinese Embassy in The Republic of India
- Address: 50-D,SHANTIPATH,CHANAKYPURI,NEWDELHI-110021,INDIA.
- Tel: 6111105
- Fax: 6885486
- Office hours:
Note: This information was last updated on November 24, 2010. See the embassy website for confirmation: http://in.china-embassy.org/eng/
1. Tourist (L) Visa Application
Applications by courier or through mail will not be accepted. You may submit the application there the Visa Office of the Embassy or Consulate-General in India; if you cannot go in person, you may entrust someone else or a travel/visa agent to transact your application affairs. No appointment is required. Applicants may also log on the Embassy's Official website to make an on-line appointment before submitting. The website for booking appointment will be 24 hours' available and there is no charge for booking appointment online.
Applicants from Maharashtra and Karnataka may continue to apply at the Consulate General of China, Mumbai. And Applicants from West Bengal, Orissa, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand and Bihar may continue to apply at the Consulate General of China, Kolkata.
Indian ordinary passports holders wishing to travel to Tibet may join groups; you may join in the pilgrims that are organized by the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India, or tourist group organized by local Indian travel agents.
If you wish to travel to Hong Kong for a maximum stay up to 14 days, visa is not required. If your stay in Hong Kong exceeds fourteen days, you need to apply for a Hong Kong visa. The procedure will take around four to six weeks. All documents will be sent to Hong Kong for approval from Hong Kong Immigration. For more information, you can visit the website of Hong Kong SAR Immigration Department: http://www.immd.gov.hk
If you wish to travel to Macao for a maximum stay up to 14 days, visa is also not required. If your stay in Macao exceeds fourteen days, you need to apply for a Macao visa. And visa is available at the international airport of Macao. For more details, you can visit the website of Macao Immigration Bureau: http://www.fsm.gov.mo/psp/sm/default.htm
Except for a neatly filled out L visa form, applicants also need to provide following materials:
- Passport with at least 6 months validity and at least 2 blank visa pages;
- Hotel booking information in China；
- As for the family visiting (L) visa: please provide the evidence of your relationship in China and a round trip air ticket;
- Provide schedule in India (if possible);
- One 2 inch passport style photos;
- One Passport photocopy;
- Proof of Finances (for example: Bank statement);
Fee and Payment Method
Visa fees of Indian passport holders vary from the number of entries or duration of stay.
- One single-entry L visa will cost Rs.2000;
- Two-entry L visa for Rs.2000;
- Multiple-entry L visa for half a year for Rs.3000;
- Multiple-entry L visa for one year for Rs.6000;
- Civilian Group L Visa / per person for Rs.2000;
All the visa fees should be paid only by the demand draft of a national or international bank located in Delhi. The payee should be made for the exact amount in favor of Chinese Embassy, New Delhi. When filling the Demand draft, you should be careful and if there is any kind of overwriting or cutting, it will not be accepted. On the back of the draft, the drawer's full name, telephone number and pick up form number should be written.
- The regular processing time is 4 working days (e.g. submission on Monday, pick up on Thursday).
- Express service: 2–3 working days processing, Rs.900 more will be charged per visa. As for Civilian Group, Rs.450 more will be charged per visa.
Visas can be picked up on or after the pick-up date specified in the receipt. The receipt must be presented. Applicants can pay and pick up visas themselves or send an entrusted person or travel agency with the receipt.
2. Where to Apply
From the date of August 28, 2008, all the ordinary passport holders wishing to visit China are requested to apply visas in the Chinese Visa Application Service Center (CVASC).
The CVASC will charge Rs. 610(inclusive of taxes) per visa for its service on top of visa fees. For transact urgent applications (e.g. collecting the visa on the 2nd working day), it will be Rs. 775(inclusive of taxes).
See figure below. Addresses, etc. follow the office hours.
New Delhi Chinese Visa Application Service Centre
- Address: First Floor, Commercial Towers, Le Meridien Hotel Raisina Road, New Delhi 110001
- Office Hours: (Monday to Friday, except public holidays)
- Application Submission for normal cases: 9am–2pm;
- Express cases for travel agent or representative: 9am–11am; Individual Applicants9am–12pm;
- Payment and Passport Collection: 9am–02pm (Normal Cases) 3: 00pm–5pm (Express Cases)
(For next working day Express Service, you will have to submit your application before 11 am, and pick up your visa after 2 pm next working day afternoon)
The Centre is closed on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Tel: 0091-11-43565225 or 0091-11-43007563
- FAX: 009111-43565229
- E-mail: email@example.com
Mumbai Chinese Visa Application Service Centre
- Address: 4/18, Tulsiani Chambers, Free Press Journal Marg, Nariman Point, Mumbai - 400 021(India)
- Office Hours: (Monday to Friday, except public holidays)
- Application Submission: 9: 00 am –2: 00pm;
- Payment and Collection: 11: 00am –5: 00pm;
(For next working day Express Service, you will have to submit your application before 11:00am, and pick up your visa after 2:00 pm next working day afternoon)
- Tel: 0091-22-22855271
- Fax: 0091-22-22853923
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Centre is closed on Saturdays and Sundays and public holidays. Public holidays will be informed in the website http://in.china-embassy.org/eng/
Chinese Consulate-General in Kolkata
- Address: EC-72, Sector I, Salt Lake City, Kolkata-700064
- Visa Hours: 10:00am–12:30pm. (Monday to Friday, except public holidays)
- Tel: 0091-33-40048169
- Fax: 0091-33-40048168
- Enquiry: 033-40045211 (Working hours only)
- Website: http://kolkata.china-consulate.org/eng/
- Email: email@example.com