Chinese Embassy in Kenya
- Name Chinese Embassy in Kenya
- Address: WOODLANDS ROAD, KILIMANI DISTRICT NAIROBI, KENYA
- Tel: 00254-20-2722559; 00
- Fax: 00254-20-2726402; 00
- Office hours: Visa Office of the Chinese Embassy in Nairobi is open from 09:00 am to 11:00 am on Monday, Wednsday&
- Website: http://ke.china-embassy.org/eng/
- Email: email@example.com
Note: This information was last updated on June 17, 2011. See the embassy website for confirmation: http://ke.china-embassy.org/eng/
1. Tourist (L) Visa Application
You may submit the application to the Visa Office of the Embassy. If you cannot go in person, you may entrust someone else or a travel/visa agent to transact your application affairs. No appointment is required. Mailed applications are not acceptable. Under urgent case, you should go to the embassy for an interview if the consular officer deems it. You are advised to submit your application at least two weeks before your trip date to China.
- A passport (with at least 6 months validity and at least on blank visa page) and the photocopy of the photo page;
- A truly completed visa application form;
- A recent (within latest 3 months) 2 inches colored photograph ( no hat and full face);
- Air tickets, hotel bookings, travelling insurance, and detailed travel plan;
- Application letter or other relevant documents issued by applicant' s company or related department;
- Banking statement in recent 3 months or other property statement;
- Kenya residential certificate or legal entry document (for none Kenya citizens);
- Used China visa and the photocopy of the entries pages (for the Mult-Entry visa applicants);
- Other documents required by the consular officers.
Fee and Payment Method
Cash and personal cheque are not acceptable for payment. You should go to the three designated CBA branches in Africa (Upper Hill, Wabera and Mama Ngina) to make the payment. The locations are as follows:
- Upper Hill: Mara&Ragati Roads, Upper Hill Tel: 2884000/2734555
- Wabera: Wabera&Standard Streets, City Centre Tel: 3254000/2228881–9
- Mama Ngina: International House Mama Ngina Street, City Centre Tel: 2228802/66/67
- The banks office hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 am–4:00 pm, Saturday, 9:00 am–12:30 pm
Schedule of visa fees ( unit: Kshs.)
|Category of Visa||Kenyan Nationals||American Nationals||Romanian Nationals||Serbian Nationals||Other notionals|
|Single-Entry Visa for 3 months||4,000||11,200||5,700||200||3,000|
|Double-Entry Visa for 6 months||6,000||7,600||4,500|
|Multiple-Entry Visa for 6 months||8,000||11,400||6,000|
|Multiple-Entry Visa for 12 months||12,000||11,400||9,000|
Note: Urgent fee (1 working day processing): extra fees of Kshs.3,000
Express fee (3 working day processing): extra fees of Kshs.2,000
- The regular processing time is 4 working days (e.g. submission on Monday, pick up on Thursday).
- Express service: 2–3 working days processing, Kshs.2,000 will be charged for per visa.
- Rush service: 1 working day processing, Kshs.3,000 will be charged for per visa.
Visas can be picked up on or after the pick-up date specified in the pick-up form. Applicant can go to the embassy hall in person to pick up visa or send an entrusted person or travel agency with the relevant document to pick up the visa on his behalf. When collecting the visa, the second form of the deposit slip and the pickup form must be present to the officer at the counter.
2. Where to Apply
You should go to the Visa Office of the Embassy to transact your application affairs.
Embassy office: 08:30 am–12:00 noon, 3:00 am–5:00 am, Monday to Friday
The Chinese Embassy Visa Office
- Website: http://ke.china-embassy.org
- Address: P.O.Box 30508 00100 Woodlands Road, Nairobi, Kenya
- Office Hours: 09:00 am–11:00 am, Monday to Friday
- Inquiry Time: 3:00 pm–5:00 pm, Monday to Friday
- Tel: +254–20–2722559, 2726851
- Fax: +254–20–2726402, 2711540
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org