Chinese Embassy in Malta
- Name Chinese Embassy in Malta
- Address: KARMNU COURT, LAPSI STREET, ST. JULIANS-STJ 09, MALTA
- Tel: 00356-21-384889
- Fax: 00356-21-364730
- Office hours: 19:00 a.m-12:00 a.m Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- Email: email@example.com
Note: This information was last updated on February 23, 2010. See the embassy website for confirmation: http://mt.china-embassy.org/eng/
1. Tourist (L) Visa Application
Mailed applications are not acceptable and will be refused. You may submit the application to the visa office of the Chinese Embassy in Malta; if you cannot go in person, you may entrust someone else or a travel/visa agent on your behalf to transact your application affairs. No appointment is required. Interviews may be required by the visa officer if necessary.
Except for a neatly, truly and completely filled out L Visa Application Form, applicants also need to provide following materials:
- Original Passport with at least 6 months validity and at least two blank visa pages;
- A round trip air ticket with validity;
- Booking hotel information in China；
- As for the family visiting (L) visa: please provide the evidence of your relationship in China and a round trip air ticket;
- Provide your schedule in Malta (if possible);
- One recent passport photo (2 inches X 2 inches) attached on the Visa Application Form, with white background, full-face front view, and no hat. Life photos, copied photos and digital photos printed on ordinary paper are not acceptable.
- If you wish to travel to the Tibet Autonomous Region, an approval notice from China Tibet Tourism Bureau is required (Fax number of Tibetan Tourist Bureau: 0086-891-6834632; Telephone number: 0086-891-6834313)
Fee and Payment Method
All Malta visas cost €60 regardless of number of entries or duration of stay, including a single-entry L visa , twice-entry L visa , 6-month multiple-entry L visa, 12-month multiple-entry L visa;
You can pay the fee on the following methods. One is over the Counter Payment: calling at the BOV branch network with pink Pickup Form to effect payment or you can make an Online Payment: using BOV internet banking to effect payment The consular officer will give you instructions on payment when you submit your application at the visa office.
- The regular processing time is about 1 week from the submitting date; for example, if you submitted on Tuesday; you may pick up your visa next Tuesday (if not a holiday).
- Express service: 2 to 3 working days processing, besides the normal visa fee, additional fee of €18 will be charged per visa.
- Same day rush service: besides the normal visa fee, an additional fee of €26 per visa will be charged. You are kindly advised to apply for a visa about one month in advance of the intended date of entry into China.
Visas can be picked up on or after the pick-up date specified in the receipt. The receipt must be presented. Applicants can pay and pick up visas themselves or send an entrusted person or travel agency with the receipt.
2. Where to Apply
See figure below. Addresses, etc. follow the office hours info.
- Address:Karmnu Court, Lapsi Street, St. Julians' STJ1264
- Website: http://mt.china-embassy.org/eng/
- Tel: 00356-23798805 (only answered 09:00 -12:00 on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, except public holidays)
- Fax: 00356-21380251
- Opening Hours: 09:00 a.m.-12:00 a.m., Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays (except Chinese public holidays & Maltese public holidays)
Chinese public holidays include New Year's Day, Chinese New Year's Day, All Souls' Day, May Day, Dragon Boat Festival, Mid-autumn Day and National Day. Maltese public holidays include New Year's Day, Feast of St. Paul's Shipwreck, and Feast of St. Joseph, Freedom Day, Good Friday, Workers' Day, Sette Giugno, Feast of St. Peter and St. Paul, Feast of the Assumption, Feast of Our Lady of Victories, Independence Day, Feast of the Immaculate Conception, Republic Day and Christmas Day.
- E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org