Chinese Embassy in Switzerland
- Name Chinese Embassy in Switzerland
- Address: KALCHEGGWEG 10, 3006 BERN
- Tel: 0041-31-3527333, 351
- Fax: 0041-31-3514573
- Office hours: 9:00am-12:00am Monday-Friday
- Website: http://ch.china-embassy.org
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: This information was last updated on March 23, 2009. See the embassy website for confirmation: http://ch.china-embassy.org/ger/
1. Tourist (L) Visa Application
Mailed applications are not acceptable and will be returned. You may submit the application to the Visa Office of the Embassy or Consulate-General in Switzerland; if you cannot go in person, you may entrust someone else or a travel/visa agent to transact your application affairs. No appointment is required.
Swiss passport holders that want to travel in Hong Kong are not required to transact application affairs if your stay there is no more than 90 days. And if you want to stay for more than 90 days, you should transact your application first. You may submit the application to the Visa Office of the Embassy or Consulate-General in Switzerland or you can directly transact your application to Hong Kong SAR Immigration Department. (Tel: 00852–28246111and Fax: 00852–28777711)For more information, you can visit the website of: www.immd.gov.hk
Swiss passport holders that want to travel in Macao can transact the application to Tibet Autonomous Region Tourism Bureau. (Tel: 0086–891–6834313 and Fax: 0086–891–6834632)
Except for a neatly, truly and completely filled out L visa form, applicants also need to provide following materials:
- Passport with at least 6 months validity and at least 2 blank visa pages;
- One passport-size or 2x2 colored photo, with white background, full-face front view, and no hat.
- A round trip air ticket with validity;
- As for the family visiting (L) visa: please provide the evidence of your relationship in China and a round trip air ticket;
- Provide schedule in Switzerland (if possible);
- Proof of Finances (for example: Bank statement);
- Hotel booking information in China；
Fee and Payment Method
All Switzerland visas vary from the number of entries or duration of stay.
- A 3-month single-entry L visa will cost 80 CHF;
- A 6-month twice-entry L visa for 100 CHF;
- A 6-month multiple-entry L visa for 130 CHF;
- A 12-month multiple-entry L visa for 190 CHF;
- The fee of Civilian Group L Visa / per person is 80% of above;
- Applications to Hong Kong for more than 90 days, 45 CHF per visa;
- The regular processing time is 4 working days (e.g. submission on Monday, pick up on Thursday).
- Express service: 2–3 working days processing, additional fee of 50 CHF will be charged per visa.
- Same day rush service: additional fee of $30 for 1 working day processing (applications should be presented before 11am).
- Civilian Group for express service: 2–3 working days processing, additional fee of 15 CHF will be charged per visa.
Visas can be picked up on or after the pick-up date specified in the receipt. The receipt must be presented. Applicants can pay and pick up visas themselves or send an entrusted person or travel agency with the receipt.
2. Where to Apply
You may submit your application to the Visa Office of the Embassy or Consulate-General. See figure below. Addresses, etc. follow the office hour’s info.
The embassy and the consulate generally have the same visa section office hours: 9: am–12:00noon, (Monday–Friday, except public holidays). Public holidays will be informed in the website: http://ch.china-embassy.org/ger/
The Chinese Embassy Visa Office
- Website: http://ch.china-embassy.org
- Address: Kalcheggweg 10 3006 Bern
- Automated Voice System: 031–3514593(16:30pm -17:30pm)
- Telephone Consulting Service: 031–351 8257
- Fax: 031 351 8256
- E-mail: email@example.com
Consulate General of the People's Republic of China in Zurich
- States covered: Argovie, Appenzell-Rhodes-Intérieures, Appenzell-rhodes-extérieures, Glaris, Grisons, Lucerne, Saint-gall, Schaffhouse, Schwyz, Thurgovie, Zoug, and Zurich.
- Website: http://zurich.china-consulate.org/det/
- Address: Bellariastrasse 20, 8002 Zuerich
- Telephone Consulting Service: 044–2011005
- Fax: 044–2011427
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions and Answers About Chinese Embassy in Switzerland
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.