Chinese Embassy in Tanzania
- Name Chinese Embassy in Tanzania
- Address: NO.2 KAJIFICHENI CLOSE, TOUR DRIVE, DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
- Tel: 00255-22-2667475
- Fax: 00255-22- 2666353
- Office hours: 9:00-12:00 14:00-16:00 Monday to Friday
- Website: http://tz.china-embassy.org/eng/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: This information was last updated on February 22, 2011. See the embassy website for confirmation: http://tz.china-embassy.org/eng/
1. Tourist (L) Visa Application
No visa application can be done through mail, email, internet, or any express delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, etc. You may submit the application to the Visa Office of the Embassy in Tanzania; if you cannot go in person, you may entrust someone else or a travel/visa agent to transact your application affairs. No appointment is required.
Tanzania passport holders that wish to travel in Hong Kong for a maximum stay of 90 days will not require to process visa applications. But a visa is required for those to work, study, establish or join in any business or to take up residence or your stay in Hong Kong exceeds 90days.
For more information, you can visit the website of Hong Kong SAR Immigration Department: http://www.immd.gov.hk and go to the "public service" section for the latest information. Immigration Department of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region:
- Address: Immigration Tower, 7 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
- Tel：852-2824 1212
- Fax：852-2824 1133
Tanzania passport holders that wish to travel in Macao for a maximum stay of 90 days will not require to process visa applications. Please visit the Identification Department of Macao web site: www.dsi.gov.mo for details. For those citizens who need a visa to go to Macao, visa can be applied from Macao Immigration Department (SERVI?O DE MIGRA??O) or obtained upon arrival at the airport.
For more information, please log on the website of http://www.fsm.gov.mo/psp/sm/ Macao Immigration Department (SERVI?O DE MIGRA??O)
- Tel: 853-2872 5488
Except for a neatly, truly and completely filled out Visa Application Form for the P.R. China (Q-2007), applicants also need to provide following materials:
- Original passport with at least 6 months validity and at least two blank visa pages;
- Former Chinese visa records (if any, together with their copies).
- Booking sheet of air tickets with validity to China;
- Booking hotel information in China；
- Bank Statement in Tanzania;
- As for the family visiting (L) visa: please provide the evidence of your relationship in China and a round trip air ticket;
- Provide your schedule in Tanzania (if possible);
- One recently taken 2X2 inch photo, bareheaded and full-faced passport photo affixed to your visa form.
Fee and Payment Method
Visa fees of Tanzania passport holders vary from the number of entries or duration of stay.
- A 3-month single-entry L visa will cost 70,000 Tsh;
- A 6-month twice-entry L visa for 100,000 Tsh;
- A 6-month multiple-entry L visa for 140,000 Tsh;
- A 12-month and above multiple-entry L visa for 210,000 Tsh;
You do not have to pay the money when submitting the visa application; the visa fees should be paid when the visa is picked up.
- The regular processing time is 4 working days (e.g. submission on Monday, pick up on Thursday).
- Express service: 2 working days processing, besides the visa fee, additional fees of 35,000 Tsh will be charged per visa.
- Same day Extra Express service: besides the visa fee, additional fee of 50,000 Tsh for 1 working day processing will be charged per visa. (Service is available only with the presentation of air ticket flying within two days).
Visas can be picked up on or after the pick-up date specified in the receipt. The receipt must be presented. Applicants can pay and pick up visas themselves or send an entrusted person or travel agency with the receipt.
2. Where to Apply
See figure below. Addresses, etc. follow the office hours info.
Embassy of the People's Republic of China in the United Republic of Tanzania
- Address: NO.2 Kajificheni close, TOURE Drive, Dar es Salaam. Tanzania
- Website: http://tz.china-embassy.org/eng/
- Telepone: 255-22-2668063
- Fax: 255-22-2666353
Office Hours: Generally office hours of the visa section of the embassy: 9: am–11:00am, (MONDAY, WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY, FRIDAY, except public holidays).
The Consular Section of the Chinese Embassy will be closed on Chinese and Tanzania public holidays. Chinese public holidays include New Year's Day，Spring Festival，Qingming Festival，May Day，Dragon Boat Festival，Mid-Autumn Day and National Day.
Tanzania public holidays include New Year's Day, Zanzibar Revolution Day, Birth of the Prophet Good Friday, Easter Monday, Union Day, International Labour Day, Saba Saba (Industry's Day), Nane Nane (Farmer's Day), Eid al-Fitr (Ramadan), Nyerere Day, Eid al-Adha, Independence and Republic Day, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.