Snow Scene at Huangshan (the Yellow Mountains)
Though winter is the off tourist season at Huangshan, the snow scene is breathtaking up the mountains. With a height of more than 1000 meters, Huangshan enjoys a long winter from the end of November to the end of March of the next year. Snowfalls concentrate from December to February.
Why Visit the Yellow Mountains in Winter?
1. Much fewer tourists than usual.
2. Much cheaper than usual.
3. Breathtaking views of snow scene, rime ice on pines, sunrise and sunset and sea of clouds.
4. Cozy soaks in a hot spring at foot of the mountain.
Tips for Visiting the Yellow Mountains in Winter
1. Wear comfortable, waterproof, skidproof boots. The steps are very slippery in winter with ice. A walking stick is suggested for you to keep balance when climbing up and down.
2. Food up the mountain is about three times the price down the mountain. You can carry some convenient food such as instant noodle, biscuits and chocolate.
3. If you stay one or two nights up the mountain, just bring the necessary stuff you will need, and leave your luggage at a hotel or deposit place down the mountain.
4. It is very cold up the mountain with wind-chill and snow, so you need to prepare warm clothes. Hats and gloves should also be prepared.