Dali Airport is 13 kilometers to the east of Dali City .
- Airport Inquiry : 0872-2315335
- Ticket office: 0872-2171999
You can take Bus No.7 from Xiaguan to Dali Airport. Plane tickets are available in some hotels and travel agencies in Jianshe Road of Xiaguan.
Guangtong-Dali Railway is connected with Chengdu-Kunming Railway at Guangtong Railway Station.
- Railway Station Inquiry: 0872-2325579
- Ticket Office: 0872-2166588
1) There are daily trains from kunming to Dali or vice verse.
2) Trains to other tourists cities including Lijiang, Shangri-la are also available
There are eleven buses altogether in the city proper of Dali. The transportation is very convenient.
It is very convenient for tourists to get to all scenic spots from Xiaguan by taxi.
If you just want to wander around the Ancient City of Dali, it is a good choice to rent a bicycle.
If you want to visit Erhai Lake, it is ideal to go by yacht on the Erhai Dock to the north of Xiaguan.
1)You can walk to the Chongsheng Temple from the Ancient City of Dali, and that will only take you half an hour. You can also take a carriage to the Temple.
2)Ropeway is available in Cangshan Mountain and you can also ride a horse up the Mountain.
3)If you want to visit the Precious Stone Mountain from the Ancient City of Dali, you can take the bus from Dali to Jianchuan at the Passenger Transport Station in the city proper. Then you have to transfer to the buses from Jianchuan to the Precious Stone Mountain.
From the bus stop near the west gate in Dali there are daily buses to Zhongdian and express buses to Kunming . Express buses to Lijiang and minibuses also leave from here.
A bus leaves for Shaping every Monday morning for the market.
1) The three biggest Long-distance Bus Stations of Xiaguan are all located on Jianshe Road.
2) There are daily long-distance buses to Dali at all Bus Stations in Kunming. The buses from Kunming to Dali will stop at Xiaguan (Xiaguan is a new city), but not the Ancient City of Dali. Out of Xiaguan Bus Station, you can take Bus No.4 to the Ancient City of Dali directly .
Questions and Answers About Dali Transportation
Hi andy, it is about 5 hours by bus and cost around RMB160. For train, it is about 7 hours and RMB80.Simon Huang replied on 2013-11-01
Hi Soraya, we don't suggest that you go to Kunming from Dali by taxi. The cost would be higher than the air fare.Whitney Liao replied on 2013-07-30
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
I updated this article on May 31, 2012
See all my travel articles