Dandong is dominated by two of its attractions, Tiger Mountain Great Wall (Hushan Great Wall) and the Yalu River Scenic Area. The Tiger Mountain Great Wall is the easternmost point of the Ming Dynasty walls, and is famous for its fabulous scenery. The Yalu River is noted for its views of North Korea . Other highlights include the Commemorative Museum of the War to Resist U.S. Aggression and Aid North Korea and Fenghuang Mountain.
Currently, tours to Dandong are not available from our site, but we can help travelers design their own Dandong tours for free.
Questions and Answers About Attractions
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
- Chinese Name: 丹东
- Pinyin: dān dōng
- English Name: Dandong
- Province: LIaoning
- Location: Northeast China
- Latitude: 40° 13′ N
- Longitude:124° 37′ E
- Area: 15,222 sq. km. (5,877 sq. mi.)
- Time Zone: (UTC+8)
- Area Code: 0415
- Population: 2.43 million