Datong Vegetarian Restaurants
1. Aijiayuan Vegetarian Restaurant
The restaurant adheres to egg-free, milk-free, smoke-free, alcohol-free and animal-ingredient-free dishes and advocates a tasteful, faithful and merciful life.
- Chinese name: 爱家源素食餐饮店 Aijiayuan Sushi Canyindian
- Recommended dishes: fried buckwheat cake (烩菜扒糕), Datong bean jelly (大同凉粉)，oat noodles (莜面), fried cake (炸油糕), transparent steamed dumplings (玻璃蒸饺), sliced noodles (刀削面), and boiled dumplings with cedrela sinensis and a vegetarian "meat" filling (香椿素肉水饺)
- Address: on the northern side of Xvanhe Homeland, Youyi Avenue, Municipal District 友谊街轩和家园北侧
- Tel: 0352-5022744
- Opening hours: 6am – 7am; 9am – 1pm; 4pm – 9pm
2. Jingyi Vegetarian Restaurant
Located beside a river, the restaurant enjoys a pretty elegant environment. An atmosphere of Zen prevails there, which makes one feel free and easy. It’s reported by some consumers that the food amount is sufficient but the serving speed may be a bit slow.
- Chinese name: 净怡素食 Jingyi Sushi
- Recommended dishes: "ice shoots" (冰笋), olives cooked with spinach (橄榄菠菜), green vegetable soup cooked with potatoes (青菜土豆汤), boiled dumplings (水饺), "shrimp meat" cooked with celery and corn (西芹虾仁玉米粒), mixed coarse cereals (什锦杂粮), and fragrant pepper noodles (椒香龙须丝)
- Kindly reminder: The "meat" and "fish" dishes are all made from vegetarian ingredients.
- Average price per person: 30 yuan
- Address: No. 27 outside Beixin Garden, Yingbin Avenue (opposite Sanjiang Kangle Palace) 大同市迎宾街北馨花园外围27号（三江康乐宫对面）
- Tel: 0352-2046333
- Opening hours: 11.30am – 2pm; 6.30pm – 9pm
- Special service: A swiping card facility is available.
3. Bodhi Tree Vegetarian Restaurant
- Chinese name: 佛有缘素食馆Putishu Sushi Fang
- Address: Xinkainan Road, Urban Area 城区新开南路
- Tel: 0352-2455013
- Transportation: 1)Take Bus 18, 26, 28 or 30 and get off at the Children’s Park (儿童公园) and then walk about 70 meters; 2) Take Bus 1, 7, 17, 18, 27, 30, 31 or 45 and get off at the Television Building (电视大楼) and then walk about 70 meters.