Hike on a wild and rugged section of the Great Wall and a repaired and restored section, all in one day! This Great Wall hiking route covers the wild wall at Simatai and the gloriously resurrected wall at Jinshanling.
- Good access to rugged and restored sections
- Amazing photography
- Explore unique history
- Private well-trained English-speaking tour guide
- An authentic traditional Chinese lunch
- Hotel pick up and drop off
Key Sights:Jinshanling Section of the Great Wall, Simatai Section of the Great Wall
Jinshanling Section of the Great Wall
Your hike starts at Simatai West and proceeds westward to Jinshanling. You will ascend under the shady protection of trees to a tower. It’s the perfect place to start, away from crowds and on a more rugged section. We provide hiking poles, should you need them.
Our professional driver and car will collect you from your hotel lobby at 8am, and you’ll be hiking by about 10.30. The hike on average takes 3 hours, but if you are a slower walker that is fine. We typically arrive around 1pm, ready to enjoy a well-earned lunch at a local farmer's restaurant.
After the hike we will transfer you back to your Beijing hotel. If you require a drop-off at the airport or train station we can also do this for no extra charge. Please let us know at the time of booking.
|1 person||2-3 persons||4-5 persons||6-9 persons||> 10 persons|
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private English-speaking hiking tour guide
- Entrance fees to the Great Wall on the two sections
- Unlimited bottled water; snacks on the Wall
- Lunch in a local farmer’s restaurant
- Travel insurance
- Cablecar & toboggan
- Personal expenses
- Tipping to hiking guide/driver recommended on good service on a 2:1 ratio separately