Jiankou to Mutianyu Great Wall Hiking One-day Tour (Private)
Challenge yourself with hiking on the steepest and the wildest Great Wall section around Beijing — the rugged Great Wall at Jiankou. With sharp rises and steep descents.
- Amazing photography
- Unique history
- Private well-trained English-speaking tour guide
- Private vehicle
- An authentic traditional Chinese lunch
- Hotel pick up and drop off
Key Sights: Jiankou Section of the Great Wall, Mutianyu Section of the Great Wall
Mutianyu Section of the Great Wall
Your guide and driver will meet you at your hotel at 8am and take you to the Great Wall at Jiankou. The ride will take about 2½ hours. Your hike will begin around 10:30. The hike on average takes 5 hours.
Starting from Xizhazi Village, you will spend one hour walking up to the peak of the Great Wall at Jiankou — Zhenbei Building. There you can enjoy a bird’s eye view of Jiankou. It is a great place to capture and get a panoramic shot of this spectacular view. From there you will go east to the Great Wall at Mutianyu via several untouched watchtowers, which are connected by rugged walls. Don’t miss the architectural art of the fortifications — the elaborate brickwork was built with crenellations on both sides and curved eaves on some watchtower roofs. Some of the bricks are stamped with symbols. Find out more and ask your guide about them.
|1 person||2-3 persons||4-5 persons||6-9 persons||> 10 persons|
- Private vehicle
- Private English-speaking hiking tour guide
- Entrance fees to Great Wall on the two sections
- Unlimited bottled water; snacks on the Wall
- Lunch in a local farmer’s restaurant
- Travel insurance
- Cablecar & toboggan
- Personal expenses
- Tipping to hiking guide/driver recommended on good service on a 2:1 ratio separately