If you are on a tight schedule while in Beijing, take this day tour to see the three most-visited and most famous attractions in Beijing and China: Tian’anmen Square, the Forbidden City, and the Badaling Section of the Great Wall. A traditional Chinese lunch and a stop at a popular pearl open market are included.
- The top three must-see spots in Beijing: Tian’anmen Square, the Forbidden City, and the Badaling Section of the Great Wall
- Tian’anmen Square, the largest city square in the world
- The Forbidden City, the world’s largest and best-preserved imperial palace
- The Badaling Great Wall to savor its historic and natural charm
- A well-trained ‘local’ English-speaking tour guide
- Visit to a renowned pearl open market
- An authentic traditional Chinese lunch
- A 22-seat air-conditioned coach with up to 10 English-speaking travelers
- Hotel pickup and drop off
Key Sights: Tian’anmen Square, the Forbidden City, Badaling Great Wall
After a complimentary pickup at your hotel at 07:00-08:30, you will head to your first stop on this full-day tour, Tian’anmen Square, which is at the center of Beijing. The square holds the Monument of the National Heroes, the Great Hall of the People, the National Museum of China, and the Mausoleum of Mao Zedong. Duration: 40 minutes.
Your next destination is the Forbidden City, the imperial palace of the Ming and Qing Dynasties with a history of over 5oo years. Located to the north of Tian’anmen Square, the Forbidden City remains intact and well preserved, and is considered one of the five most important palaces in the world. The Forbidden City is now an imperial palace museum that exhibits imperial treasures and collections from the Ming and Qing Dynasties. Duration: two hours.
After enjoying a traditional Chinese lunch at 12:00, you will drive to the Badaling Section of the Great Wall, which takes approximately 30 minutes. Built in 1505, this section is the best-preserved and most popular of the Great Wall. Over 370 state leaders and VIPs have visited the Badaling Great Wall and have raved about its rich history and beautiful scenery. Duration on the Great Wall: approximately two hours. You will be transfered to your hotel at around 18:00.
This route also passes by a popular pearl open market, where you can stop to pick up interesting souvenirs.
|1 person||2-3 persons||4-5 persons||6-9 persons||> 10 persons|
- Professional guide22-seat air-conditioned coachLunchEntrance fees
- Toboggan or cable car rideGratuities (recommended)Items of a personal nature
Special Notes for a Seat-in-a-Coach Tour
A seat-in-a-coach tour minimizes costs because expenses are shared among a larger group.
Seat-in-a-coach tours are operated by local business partners of China Highlights around China. China Highlights chooses business partners by strict quality standards. The service of a seat-in-a-coach tour may be not as considerate as that of a private tour sometimes.
Visiting one or two shops or markets is always included in a seat-in-a-coach tour, but you don’t have to buy anything.
A seat-in-a-coach tour usually consists of more than 5 people with a maximum of 16. You will have a local guide and use a 22-seat air-conditioned coach. We will pick you up at some appointed hotels at the appointed time. In contrast a private tour provides a private car and guide. And we will pick you up at your hotel.