Beijing Panda Garden, Lama Temple and Hutongs Day Tour (Group)
On this tour, see cuddly and lovable giant pandas, the emblem of China, at the Beijing Zoo. Then, you will explore the Lama Temple, one of the largest Tibetan Buddhist monasteries in China and stroll along old hutongs to experience Beijing local’s life. Also enjoy yourself while visiting the Olympic Stadiums: Bird’s Nest and Water Cube.
- Giant pandas at Beijing Zoo
- Lama Temple, a renowned Tibetan monastery holding the largest wooden Buddha in the world
- Wandering old hutongs on a rickshaw
- The Bird’s Nest and Water Cube at the Olympic Park
- A renowned porcelain factory outlet
- A traditional Chinese lunch in a local’s house in Beijing
- A tea ceremony at a Chinese tea house
- A 22-seat air-conditioned coach with up to 10 English-speaking travelers
- Hotel pickup and drop off
Key Sights: Beijing Zoo, Lama Temple, hutongs, Bird’s Nest and Water Cube
You will be picked up at your hotel(at 07:30am to 08:00am). The first stop of your full-day Beijing tour is Beijing Zoo. You will visit a panda garden to see giant pandas and the logo for the WWF, and is known as a national treasure in China. Duration: an hour.
Then, at about 10:00am, you will head for Lama Temple (Yonghe Temple), a Tibetan monastery with over 300 years of rich imperial and Buddhist history. Duration: one hour and a half.
At 11:30am, You will visit a local’s house in Beijing to enjoy a traditional Chinese lunch with the family and learn how to make dumplings. After that (at 2:00pm), you will wander ancient Beijing’s hutongs on a rickshaw to savor the beauty of ancient Beijing culture and history. Duration: two hours. The tour includes a stop at a famous porcelain factory.
At about 5:00pm, you will be transfered to your hotel.
|1 person||2-3 persons||4-5 persons||6-9 persons||> 10 persons|
- Professional guide22-seat air-conditioned coachLunchEntrance fees
- Gratuities (recommended)Items of a personal nature
Special Notes for a Seat-in-a-Coach Tour
A seat-in-a-coach tour minimizes costs because expenses are shared among a larger group.
Seat-in-a-coach tours are operated by local business partners of China Highlights around China. China Highlights chooses business partners by strict quality standards. The service of a seat-in-a-coach tour may be not as considerate as that of a private tour sometimes.
Visiting one or two shops or markets is always included in a seat-in-a-coach tour, but you don’t have to buy anything.
A seat-in-a-coach tour usually consists of more than 5 people with a maximum of 16. You will have a local guide and use a 22-seat air-conditioned coach. We will pick you up at some appointed hotels at the appointed time. In contrast a private tour provides a private car and guide. And we will pick you up at your hotel.