If you are looking for breathtaking views of the Great Wall and a relatively peaceful walk, then the Jinshanling Section of the Great Wall Beijing Day Tour is just for you. You will enjoy a hike on the Jinshanling Section of the Great Wall, which sees far fewer travelers than the crowded Badaling Section of the Great Wall.
- The most popular Jinshanling Section of the Great Wall, famous for its wild beauty and fewer tourists
- A well-trained ‘local’ English-speaking tour guide
- An authentic traditional Chinese lunch
- A 22-seat air-conditioned coach with up to 10 English-speaking travelers
- Hotel pickup and drop off
Key Sights: Jinshanling Great Wall
Jinshanling Section of the Great Wall
You will be picked up at your hotel at 6AM, and a simple breakfast is included. The Jinshanling Section of the Great Wall is located in the mountainous area in Luanping County, 125 km northeast of Beijing. The drive is about three hours. You will start your hike on the east side of the Jinshanling Great Wall at around 9AM.
The Jinshanling Section of the Great Wall, first built during the Ming Dynasty (1368–1644), is second only to the Badaling Section of the Great Wall in its completeness and surpasses it in wild beauty and peace. More than 100 watch towers sit along the Jinshanling Section. The “Watching Beijing Tower” is on the highest point and is where you can enjoy a beautiful view of Beijing. As relatively few tourists visit the Jinshanling Section, hiking is a good way to explore the area. The hiking trip is about 10 km long and takes approximately four hours.
After your hike, enjoy late lunch at a traditional Chinese restaurant. After lunch, you will be transfered back around 4pm.
1. We offer complimentary pick up service from your hotel located within 3rd ring road in Beijing. If your hotel is not located within the 3nd ring road, your travel advisor will inform you of a nearest pick-up point for boarding the coach. You will need to go to the pick-up point by taxi or subway by yourself at your own expense.
2. The itinerary includes visit to two shops, but there is absolutely no pressure to buy. Please note extra costs apply if you don’t want to visit the shops.
|1 person||2-3 persons||4-5 persons||6-9 persons||> 10 persons|
- Professional guide22-seat air-conditioned coachLunchEntrance fees
- Toboggan or cable car rideGratuities (recommended)Items of a personal nature
Special Notes for a Seat-in-a-Coach Tour
A seat-in-a-coach tour minimizes costs because expenses are shared among a larger group.
Seat-in-a-coach tours are operated by local business partners of China Highlights around China. China Highlights chooses business partners by strict quality standards. The service of a seat-in-a-coach tour may be not as considerate as that of a private tour sometimes.
Visiting one or two shops or markets is always included in a seat-in-a-coach tour, but you don’t have to buy anything.
A seat-in-a-coach tour usually consists of more than 5 people with a maximum of 16. You will have a local guide and use a 22-seat air-conditioned coach. We will pick you up at some appointed hotels at the appointed time. In contrast a private tour provides a private car and guide. And we will pick you up at your hotel.