On this tour, you will explore two world-famous China attractions in Beijing, the Badaling Great Wall and the Summer Palace. The Great Wall is a symbol of China and one the Eight Wonders of the World, and the Summer Palace is one of the world culture heritages in China and considered the best-preserved imperial garden of its kind in the world.
- The most popular section of the Great Wall, Badaling, which has the best facilities and is the best preserved Great Wall section
- The best-preserved imperial garden in the world: the Summer Palace
- A well-trained ‘local’ English-speaking tour guide
- A renowned jade factory outlet
- A Traditional Chinese Medicine Pharmacy where you will get to learn some knowledge of TCM and enjoy a free foot massage
- An authentic traditional Chinese lunch
- A 22-seat air-conditioned coach with up to 10 English-speaking travelers
- Hotel pickup and drop off
Key Sights: The Summer Palace, Badaling Great Wall
Badaling Section of the Great Wall
After a complimentary pickup from your hotel in Beijing(at 7:00am-7:30am), you will visit the first destination on your full-day Beijing tour: the Summer Palace. The Summer Palace, an imperial garden built during the reign of Emperor Qianlong of the Qing Dynasty, has a history of approximately 300 years. The luxuriant pavilions and gardens of the Summer Palace are very impressive. The duration: an hour and half. The sightseeing on the Summer Palace will be ended at around 11:00.
After the Summer Palace, enjoy a stop at a popular jade factory (45 minutes). You can see the outlet of the factory and may buy some souvenirs. After that at 12:00, you will dine on lunch at a traditional Chinese restaurant to prepare for your next destination: the Badaling Section of the Great Wall. It is the most popular section in China and has the best tour facilities among all sections of the Great Wall. The massive austerity of the Badaling Great Wall and the natural beauty of the surrounding mountains are perfectly harmonious. You will start your sightseeing on the Badaling Great Wall at 14:00 and the duration is 2 hours.
On your way back to your hotel, visit a Traditional Chinese Medicine Pharmacy for 45 minutes where you will get to learn some knowledge of TCM and enjoy a free foot massage. You will be transfered to your hotel at around 18:00.
1. We offer complimentary pick up service from your hotel located within 3rd ring road in Beijing. If your hotel is not located within the 3nd ring road, your travel advisor will inform you of a nearest pick-up point for boarding the coach. You will need to go to the pick-up point by taxi or subway by yourself at your own expense.
|1 person||2-3 persons||4-5 persons||6-9 persons||> 10 persons|
- Professional guide22-seat air-conditioned coachLunchEntrance fees
- Toboggan or cable car rideGratuities (recommended)Items of a personal nature
Special Notes for a Seat-in-a-Coach Tour
A seat-in-a-coach tour minimizes costs because expenses are shared among a larger group.
Seat-in-a-coach tours are operated by local business partners of China Highlights around China. China Highlights chooses business partners by strict quality standards. The service of a seat-in-a-coach tour may be not as considerate as that of a private tour sometimes.
Visiting one or two shops or markets is always included in a seat-in-a-coach tour, but you don’t have to buy anything.
A seat-in-a-coach tour usually consists of more than 10 people. You will have a local guide. We will pick you up at some appointed hotels at the appointed time. In contrast a private tour provides a private car and guide. And we will pick you up at your hotel.