Dongguan City is located in the Pearl River Delta, China's prosperous region with concentrated international airports. Though there are no airports in Dongguan, travelers can have easy access to airports of neighboring cities, with convenient transportation. Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport and Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport are about 60 kilometers (37 miles) to the north and south. Zhuhai Sanzhao Airport and Hong Kong International Airport are about 100 100 kilometers (62 miles) away. Shuttle buses are available from hotels across Dongguan to all the airports mentioned above.
For going to Hong Kong International Airport, travelers can take a ferry at Humen Hong Kong-Macau Ferry Terminal (虎门港澳客运码头). Check out more information.
Dongguan serves as one of the railway hubs in Guangdong Province, as it is the point where Guangzhou-Kowloon Railway, Beijing-Kowloon Railway and Guangzhou-Shenzhen Railway converge. Railway transportation is convenient for getting to Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Hong Kong, and some major cities in China. Travelers can also use the neighboring Guangzhou Railway Station and Shenzhen Railway Station.
There are two railway stations in Dongguan, which are Dongguan Railway Station and Dongguan East Railway Station. Both are located in Changping Town, about 1 hour drive from Dongguan city center.
Dongguan Railway Station serves for short distance trains to Shenzhen, Guangzhou and Hong Kong.
Dongguan East Railway Station serves for long distance trains to many big or medium cities in China, including Beijing, Nanjing, Chengdu, Qingdao, Changsha, Zhengzhou, Xi'an, Xiamen, Shantou and Nanchang.
- Dongguan Railway Station Tel: 0769-86296476
- Dongguan East Railway Station Tel: 0752-5824372
Dongguan City has a highly developed and convenient highway transportation network. There are buses to Hong Kong, Macau and major cities in China and within Guangdong Province.
Dongguan Central Bus Station 东莞汽车总站
- Buses to: Foshan, Chaozhou, Shenzhen, Zhuhai, and cities in Fujian Province (Xiamen) and Guangxi Province (Guilin, Nanning).
- Getting there: Public bus No.3
- Address: At the intersection of Si Huan Road and Xin Wan Road, Qu Hai community, Wanjiang, Dongguan (万江曲海社区四环路与新万道路交汇处)
Dongguan Nan Cheng Bus Station 东莞南城汽车客运站
- Buses to: Macau, Foshan and Guangzhou
- Getting there: Public bus No 27, 40, 50, 66, 77, 105
- Address: No.99, Hongtu Road, Nancheng District (南城区宏图路99号)
The most convenient way for getting around in Dongguan is by taxi. The flag-fall price is 8 yuan plus 1 yuan as the fuel surcharge for the first two kilometers. Travelers can also call 23012345 for taxi. This service number is open round the clock.
Questions and Answers About Dongguan Transportation
Hi Alvin Ng,
You can take bus from Dongguan Nan Cheng Bus Station to Guangzhou Guangyuan Bus Station. It is every hour a bus from 06:50am to 18:30 pm. Price for your reference is CNY50. Then transfer Airport Express No.8 (A) to the airport(half an hour an Express). It takes about 2 hours. Good Luck.Christy Luo replied on 2013-11-04
Hi Parveen, at that time, a taxi to Dongguan would be very expensive. They won't charge by miles, but by price settled first. I don't know the exact price, you can try your best to get a good offer.Whitney Liao replied on 2013-04-09
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
I updated this article on April 13, 2012
See all my travel articles