Home FAQ Guilin

FAQ on Guilin

Q & A about Guilin by Our Customers

Topic From: Li River Photography Tips
2 Answers

How long is the hike to the top of Xianggong Hill? I am staying in Yangshuo for a night and would love to see the sunrise from the hill. I''m just not sure how much time is needed to get there. Thanks!

Asked by Lauren on Aug. 29, 2014
Guest (Sep. 1, 2014) replied:
Thank you so much for your help! We are now considering staying in Xingping to save time. How long does it take to get to the hill from the village?
Christy Luo (Aug. 30, 2014) replied:
Hi,   It will take 30-40 minutes by car from Yangshuo county to Xingping. Xianggong shan is just a small  hills, so 30 mintes you can reach to the top. But if you would like to see sunrise, you will get up around 3-4 am and rent a car ahead.   If you need a tour guide, we can arrange it.   Christy
Topic From: Kaili Transportation
1 Answer

How to get Kaili from Guilin.

Asked by Giovanni on Aug. 16, 2014
Whitney Liao (Aug. 17, 2014) replied:
Hi Giovanni, there is no direct transportation from Guilin to Kaili. You will have to transit bus serveral times.
Topic From: Guilin Weather
1 Answer

Hi! I''m Safiy from Malaysia. I am about to visit guilin in January next year. eventhough it will be cold.. perhaps someone can give some advice on what activities can be done. Thanks!

Asked by safiy on Aug. 15, 2014
Doris Huang (Aug. 17, 2014) replied:
Dear Safiy, Thank you for your inquiry. Although January is the coldest month in Guilin, there are still a lot of activities can be done. Caves are cool in summer and warm in winter, so you can visit some caves here, such as the Reed Flute Cave and the Silver Cave in Yangshuo. The cruise on the Li River has air condition, so taking the Li River Cruise and enjoy the scenery is also good. Due to the cold weather, the bamboo raft might not be available, but other activities are still available.
Topic From: Li River Cruise vs Bamboo Raft — An Australian Expat's View
1 Answer

We are older Australian couple doing the raft from Xingping to Yandi on our way to Guiliun from our Yangshou accomodation (on Sept 2nd). Would you still recomend doing the 4 hour full cruise one day whilst in Guilin? (we have 5 days in Guilin).

Asked by Sally McLean on Aug. 14, 2014
Lussie Lu (Aug. 15, 2014) replied:
I suggest you take a cruise from Yangdi to Yangshuo (for 4 hours) which includes the scenery from Yangdi to Xingping. It is safer for you to take a ship than taking a draft for a long time. If you are interested in taking a raft, I recommend you take a draft at Yulong river. You could see much more beautiful sights. Please click:http://www.chinahighlights.com/yangshuo/attraction/yulong-river.htm
Topic From: Guilin Shopping
1 Answer

Hello I am looking for popular women''s clothes shops in Guilin, can you help list the top shops. I am looking for hats, shoes, trainers, clothing etc, Fashion Trends The Beautiful Woman, for the young clientele 16 to 30 age range thank you?

Asked by Sue on Aug. 8, 2014
Cecilia Peng (Aug. 9, 2014) replied:
Hi Sue, Sorry that we only provide tour services, including tour package, hotel rooms, air tickets reservations and etc. I am glad to help you with any services mentioned above. Regards, Cecilia
Topic From: Li River Cruise vs Bamboo Raft — An Australian Expat's View
1 Answer

Gavin. Does the rafting trip,allow for so,e night photography! I''m very interested in coming in late September or October,is,this,a good time for photography and weather on the river. ,Tom

Asked by Dr Tom Riggert on Aug. 5, 2014
Lussie Lu (Aug. 5, 2014) replied:
Dear Dr Tom Riggert, The rafting is available in the daytime and you could not take a boat at night, it is dangerous. In September and October, it is a good time for taking photos. It always is sunny. You could take some clear and colorful pictures.
Topic From: Enjoy Visa-Free Travel in China Cities
1 Answer

I am a Australian Citizen (using Australia Passport), but also have a Hong Kong Permanent resident ID card. I am planning to travel to Hong Kong from Australia and then join a tour in Hong Kong to Beijing/Shanghai/Guilin/Xi An (approx 8 days tour). Do I need to apply a visa to China? If so, do I have to do this in Australia? Or can I do this when I am in Hong Kong?

Asked by MW on Jul. 24, 2014
Lussie Lu (Jul. 25, 2014) replied:
Dear Sir or Madam, If you hold a Hong Kong Permanet resident ID to enter mainland China, you also need to apply for a Home Return Permit. You could apply it or China visa in Hong Kong, it takes about 5 days. If this will affect your trip, I suggest you apply it in Australia in advance.
Topic From: Zhangjiajie Transportation
1 Answer

What would a driver and a van cost to transport 6 people with lug gaged from zhangjiajie to guilin?

Asked by Henry lam on Jul. 21, 2014
Lussie Lu (Jul. 23, 2014) replied:
Dear Henry, We can arrange it for you. It costs CNY7500 (US$1222). It is about 800 km between Zhangjiajie and Guilin city, so it takes about 12 hours by van. I've sent an e-mail to you, please check the details. If you are interested in our service, please feel free to let me know, I am glad to serve you. My e-mail is lussie@chinahighlights.net
Topic From: The Most Beautiful Places in China
1 Answer

i love natural (non man-made) wonders, like caves and waterfalls and lakes, and mountains. But i don''t want to just look at them. I also would like to swim in the lake or hike the mountains or explore the caves. Are the natural wonders in china open to the public for swimming or canoeing or scuba diving or hiking, etc. Like if I go to Li River n Guilin; may I swim there?

Asked by carlos on Jul. 17, 2014
Lussie Lu (Jul. 18, 2014) replied:
Dear carlos, Based on your need, Guilin is a good place for you. You could visit Reed Flute Cave and hike in Yangshuo, but I don't suggest you swim in Li river because of the safety problem, though many local people swim there.