How to go to Tibet from Nepal?
How To Go To Tibet From Nepal?
You can go to Tibet from Nepal by land or by air. It takes 5-6 hours drive from Kathmandu to Zhangmu Port by car, or 1 hour 10 minutes flying by plane.
Tourists need a China visa and Tibet Travel Permit to enter Tibet. Tibet Travel Permit can only be obtained through a Chinese travel agency, with which you have booked a Tibet tour. China Highlights will take care of the permits for our customers who book Tibet tours with us. (See our Tibet tours at http://www.chinahighlights.com/tibet/tours.htm).
China visa can be obtained in Kathmandu of Nepal. When the Tibet Travel Permit is ready, you can apply for China visa in Kathmandu, with your passport, a copy of Tibet Travel Permit and letter of invitation issued by a Chinese travel agency. You can make application on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It usually takes about 2 days to get your China visa ready. You can also entrust a travel agency in Nepal to apply for China visa for you.
- How to get to Nepal from Tibet?
- How to go to Tibet from Nepal?
- How do I get a Tibet Travel Permit if I come to China from Nepal?
- I have read that 2 dates; 27 September and 1 October are dates of anniversaries of difficult times in Tibet and that security may be tightened in these times. Could you please look into this for me?
- How to obtain a China visa in Nepal?
- How to get Tibet Permits in Hong Kong?
- When will I get my Tibet Permit?
- How to get the Travel Permit for Tibet?