Which is the better way of transportation for getting to Tibet, train or flight?
Which Is The Better Way Of Transportation For Getting To Tibet, Train Or Flight?
These two methods of transportation have their own advantages and disadvantages.
Flights usually arrive at Lhasa airport in the morning or at noon, which enables enough time for travelers to have a good rest and get acclimatized to the altitude. The altitude of Lhasa is about 3500 meters, which is relatively lower than other regions in Tibet, so there are fewer cases of altitude sickness. Usually there might be discounts for the flight tickets to Lhasa.
Advantage: Train passengers can see the great scenery in the Holxil depopulated Area.
1) The train ride to Lhasa takes 24 hours from Xining, or more than 48 hours from other cities such as Beijing and Shanghai. In addition, much of the train ride is completed during the night.
2) The train will pass Danggula Mountains which has an altitude of 6000 meters, plus the long-time train ride on the high-altitude area, train passengers may not get a good rest on the train.
3) It is difficult to get the train tickets to Lhasa, especially in July and August, and the tickets booking service charge might be even higher than the cost of the tickets during the high season.
China Highlights suggests traveling to Lhasa by air and traveling back by train.
Most trains depart Lhasa at 8:00 in the morning, and you have a whole day to see the scenery along the way. The return train ride is also more comfortable after you have got acclimatized to the high altitude from the trip.
Have a look at our Tibet Tours at (http://www.chinahighlights.com/tibet/tours.htm), or feel free to send us an inquiry email to email@example.com, our experienced travel advisors will tailor make a tour for you.
- Which is the better way of transportation for getting to Tibet, train or flight?
- Purchase Tibet train tickets & Tibet entry permit
- I have been told that it is difficult to get sleeper cars on the train to Tibet. Is this correct?
- Do I need a heath report when I travel by train to Tibet?
- I have heard that there are nine scenery-view platforms along the way. What are they and how long does each place stay?
- How long in advance can I purchase train ticket to Lhasa?
- Is it easy to purchase a train ticket to Lhasa now?
- How many tickets can I buy one time?
- How long it will take to travel to Lhasa by train?
- Where will the train depart from in Beijing? How long is the train journey from Beijing to Lhasa?