FAQ on Service Guarantee
Service Guarantee FAQs
If we are at fault compensation can be paid as follows:
- 10% of the deposit if you are not told within 3 days of departure that a tour has been cancelled provided that we knew of the cancellation.
- 110% of your loss if you miss a plane, ship, bus or train because we gave you the wrong information.
-The difference between the amount you have paid and the agreed total price plus 100% of any loss resulting from a variation between actual activities and those specified.
If the tour guides are at fault compensation can be paid as follows:
- 200% of the service charge if your guide fails to meet the service quality standard.
- 200% of the entry fees and service charges if your guide personally alters your tour schedule or cuts down your tour activities.
- 100% of your costs for dining, entertainment and medical services added without your agreement in advance
- 20% refund on purchases if your guide takes you to a shop which is not one of our approved shops. - 100% compensation if you buy counterfeit goods from one of our approved shops.
- 100% refund for any goods bought direct from a tour guide.
- 200% of any tips paid to a guide if these tips have been demanded by force.
- 100% of your cost for dining and accommodation for any period that your guide leaves you alone without your agreement plus 30% of your total tour cost.
If other agencies supporting your tour are at fault, compensation can be paid as follows:
- The difference between the cost of a lower standard room and the room specified, plus 20% of the room cost.
- The difference between the cost of your lower standard / means of transport and the transport specified, plus 20% of the transport cost.
- Entry fees and service charges plus 20% of usual entry fees if any sights are closed when you visit.
Shall you feel unsatisfied with any service CHT has provided, please notify your local tour guide or your travel advisor to avoid the potential for similar problems happening again during your trip.
In the event of a complaint or claim for compensation, you must inform us by email, regular mail, or facsimile in writing within 15 days from the end of your tour. Relevant receipts and substantiating evidence must be attached to the letter of claim. CHT will not be liable for any claims made later than 15 days after the completion of your tour.
1. If weather conditions, force majeure or other elements beyond our control prevent us from delivering the agreed services.
2. If you do not take reasonable steps to protect your belongings, and personal security.
3. If you do not make reasonable efforts to meet the schedule.
4. If you willingly become involved in any illegal, violent or dangerous activities.
5. If you dot not make a claim within 90 days.
6. If the dispute has been submitted to the court.
7. If personal injury or property loss is suffered though the fault of the traveler.
1. If you suffer any loss because we fail to deliver the services, or to meet the service quality standardsoutlined in the contract.
2. If you suffer any loss because the service quality standard in our contract does not meet the standards set by government.
3. If you lose your deposit because we go out of business after your bookings are confirmed.
4. If the National Tourism Bureau decides you should be refunded.
China International Travel Service Limited (CITS) was founded in Beijing 1954 as a state owned enterprise. It is China's largest and most influential travel related group and the only tourist enterprise on the list of the country's top 500 enterprises. CITS has 14 foreign subsidiary companies around the world and total assets of 5 billion yuan. CITS has over 20 regional branches around China, and CITS (Guilin) is one of these. CITS (Guilin) was founded in 1959, and was the first branch of CITS outside of Beijing. Some years ago, as a result of the economic reform strategy of the central government, all regional branches were privatized and established as private companies.
CITS Guilin is now an independent company and operates its own multi-language websites with the main website being www.chinahighlights.comwhich services the English market. www.chinarundreisen.com services the German Market, www.voyageschine.com services the French Market,www.viaje-a-china.com specializes in Spanish market, and www.arachina.com is the Japanese website.
Q & A about Service Guarantee by Our Customers
Hi, I will be studding in Shenzhen from September 2013 until January 2014. I am a girl, traveling alone. Additionally, this will be my first trip to China. I was reading a lot regarding the security in Shenzhen. I do not want to be afraid, but quite a lot if people are talking how Shenzhen is very dangerous city. What is your opinion and advice?
Hi, I am Filipino (philippine passport) and plan to take a tour in shenzhen , My fiancee will be there Mid April 2013 for his business trip and want to visit him there, ill be in hongkong first then planning to visit him for 3-5 days. Do you know any travel agency who can assist as for the tour with visa? or any recommendations how to get visa by myself from hongkong? hope you can help me with this... thanks
Hi, we are group of 4 persons (philippine passport) and plan to take a tour in shenzhen for 2 days. Do you know any travel agency who can assist as for the tour with visa? or any recommendations how to get visa by ourselves if we get to hongkong? or we need to secure visa before flying out of phils?