FAQ on China Train Travel
China Train Travel FAQs
- Can I use your email or voucher like an eticket?
- I want to take the Beijing-Shanghai High-speed train (bullet train). Can you book the train tickets for me?
- Is there an electricity plug so I can charge my cell phone during the train ride?
- Train Ticket Prices for Children Traveling With The Adults
- Is it convenient to travel by train with heavy luggage?
- Is Train Travel comfortable and convenient in China?
- Is it possible to order train tickets in advance?
- Is it possible to pay with credit card?
- Are there any luggage storage services at the train stations?
- Can you get train tickets for specific sleepers for us?
- Do I need to take a sleeping bag when taking the train in China?
- It there a train that goes from the airport to central Hong Kong
- How many toilets does each carriage have? Are the toilets squat or western toilets?
- When and how do I get my tickets?
There are no e-tickets for train tickets.To board a train in China, the passenger is required to present the original train ticket. The ticket is also checked before you get off of the train station. The original will be collected by the conductor at the start of the journey and replaced with a plastic tag. The tag will be collected and the ticket returned close to the end of the journey.
I want to take the Beijing-Shanghai High-speed train (bullet train). Can you book the train tickets for me?
Yes, According to the ministry of China Railways’ policy, the availability of tickets for collection will be advised 3-20 days before the travel date. (The selling period for train tickets often changes. The China Railways has total control of it. China Highlights will update the days in real time).
According to government regulations, clear passport scan copy for all passenger(s) is required when filling the order form online. Please note that China Highlights does not provide ticket change and refund service after the issue of the ticket. Please Read China Train Ticket Booking Policy at http://www.chinahighlights.com/china-trains/booking-policy.htm
Ticket prices for children traveling with the adults are determined as follows:
1. No charge for children under 1.1 meters tall, provided that the child does not occupy a seat or sleeper. If the child occupies a seat or sleeper, the price is 75% of the adult ticket price .
2. One adult can take one child free of charge. Two children travelling with one adult will need to purchase one half-price ticket.
3. Half adult fare is charged for children between 1.1 and 1.5 meters tall. Tickets must be of the same class as the adult and the children must be accompanied by an adult.
4. Full fare must be paid for children over 1.5 meters tall.
1.1 meters equals to about 3ft 7in
1.5 meters equals to about 4ft 11in
China Highlights makes train ticket on-line booking available to you to save you time, hassle and money. Search A Train
It is not very convenient.
First, at most of China's railway stations, there are many steps between platforms and entrances. Passengers who take heavy luggage need to make great efforts to carry it during the section. This can be more difficult for the senior citizens. Porters at the station may be helpful at extra expense but they are not always available when you need a helping hand.
Second, some trains only stop for 3 or 4 minutes at a station. You have to get on or get off the train in haste. You may lose your luggage if there are lots of others who are doing the same thing with you.
China Highlights suggest you take a plane instead of train when travelling in China because it is much safer and more convenient, especially for the senior citizens and the passengers who travel with their children. Book a China Flight
Traveling by train in China is one of the cheapest ways to travel some of the long distances in China and is used widely by the locals. It is important to know what to expect if you decide to travel by train in China.China Highlights have included detailed information on China Train Travel and please click here to read it.
The selling period for the tickets is about 4-10 days before departure. The Railway station ticketing office does not accept advanced bookings before the selling date. However, we will record your ticket request and then try to purchase the tickets on the selling date. Due to the large demand, we cannot guarantee the tickets you require, but we'll do our utmost to book the tickets for your request. If tickets are unavailable then, we’ll inform you immediately and the full payment is refundable. If you'd like to continue, please kindly visit http://www.chinatravel.com/china-travel-tools/china-trains/ to submit the inquiry.
On China’s trains, soft-sleeper carriages are very comfortable and clean and have an enclosed cabin. Hard-sleeper carriages have simpler facilities, but they are also ok. Most trains are air-conditioned, and each bunk is allocated a pillow and quilt.
The Airport Express takes passengers to Central in just 24 minutes. Fast and comfortable, the trains depart at 12-minute intervals from 0550 to 0115 daily, with the last train leaving the Airport Station at 0048. Information is available from the official website of Hong Kong airport:http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/index.html
Most trains have one squat toilet in each carriage. It is usually located at the end of each car. The washroom is locked when the train is approaching one stop, and it opens when the train runs again. Bring your own toilet paper since it’s not available inside.
Soft sleeper carriages may have a western toilet or trains on the most popular routes like Beijing-Shanghai and Beijing-Xi'an. Sometimes western toilets in public areas are not as clean as squat toilets.
After the ticket is issued, we will deliver the ticket to your hotel in each city before the departure date. The customer needs to collect the ticket at the hotel front desk. If there is no hotel in the departure city, the customer will need to use our private transfer service so our guide can deliver the ticket personally.