FAQ on Insurance
The insurance is Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance provided by China Pacific Insurance (Group) Co. Ltd. (official website http://www.cpic.com.cn/cpic/en/aboutcompany/companyprofile/index.shtml).
Benefits and Limitations:
In case that the Insured sustains accidental injury or is stricken by acute diseases while the Policy is in force, the Insurance Company will deliver its benefit payment in accordance with the following provisions:
1. Upon the death of the Insured due to the acute illness or disease itself within 7 days after he or she is stricken, the Insurance Company will pay the death benefit.
2. Upon the death of the Insured due to the accidental injury itself within 180 days after the occurrence of accident, the Insurance Company will pay the death benefit.
3. In case the Insured is missing because of the accident and is afterwards declared dead by the People's Court, the Insurance Company will pay the death benefit.
4. If the Insured sustains bodily disability from and only from the same accidental injury, the Insurance Company shall, upon receipt and approval of the proofs, pay a benefit for the disability provided such disability shall result within 180 days from the date of the accident. If treatment of such disability continues beyond 180 days from the date of the accident, the Insurance Company will pay disability benefits according to its appraisal of the Insured's disability seriousness on the 180th date from the occurrence of the accident.
5. When the Insured incurs medical expenses in hospitals at or above the county level or other medical providers approved by the Insurance Company, the Insurance Company will indemnify 80% of the medical expenses.
6. The corpse treatment and remains repatriation expenses insured for the Insured's death from the aforesaid causes, the Insurance Company will indemnify the expenses according to the actual expenditures within the funeral benefit.
Benefits shall not apply to any event which causing the Insured's death, disability or engenders medical expenses to the Insured:
1. violation or attempted violation of the law or resistance to arrest;
2. fighting, excessive drinking, suicide, self-inflicted injury or drug abuse by the Insured;
3. accidents occurring while or because the Insured is affected by alcohol, any drugs or restricted medicines;
4. the Insured's driving after drinking or without driving license or using non validly-registered vehicles;
5. accidents arising from the Insured's abortion and childbirth;
6. any malpractice event arising from cosmetic surgery, or other surgical or medical operations;
7. non-prescribed medicine or ointment taken by the Insured;
8. the period of time when the Insured carries AIDS or is digested HIV positive;
9. war, military activities, riot, or armed rebellion;
10. nuclear explosion, nuclear radiation or nuclear pollution;
11. non-medical treatment such as health nursing performed to the Insured;
12. home care and in-house care undertaken to the Insured;
13. teeth washing, teeth cleaning, optometry, ocular prosthesis, armature prosthesis, and installation of artificial limb and hearing-aid;
14. treatment and rehabilitation of disability existed prior to the Insured's application;
15. the Insured's hospital transfer without the Insurance Company's prior consent;
16. the insured leaving the sites of sightseeing arranged by the tourism agency or taking transportation means other than that of the tourism agency.
1. The Insurance Period of the Policy covering the tourists entering China commences from the time the Insured enters China and takes part in the itinerary arranged by the tourism services, and terminates at the time the Insured completes exit formalities to departing China and ends the journey.
2. The Insurance Period of the Policy covering the tourists traveling domestically commences from the time the Insured boards on the transportation vehicle arranged by tourism services at specified time, and terminate at the time the Insured leave the transportation vehicle arranged by tourism services to end the journey.
3. The Insurance Period ends at the time the Insured ceases the specified itinerary when the Policy is in force.
The Sum Insured
Accident Insurance: RMB200,000
Hospital Allowance: RMB11,000
Funeral Insurance: RMB9,000
Total Sum Insured: RMB220,000
We recommend that all travelers take out comprehensive travel insurance before leaving their home country. It is very important to select a right travel insurance provider. We recommend "World Nomads Travel Insurance" a company that provides protection against all eventualities during your travel. Click here to see details about "World Nomads Travel Insurance".
Chinahighlights provides a limited insurance cover for all clients who book tours excluding day tours, half-day tours, pickup & transfer service, hotel bookings only or air ticket only.
We endeavor to make your trip as worry free as possible. We recommend that all travelers should take out comprehensive travel insurance before leaving their home country.
If I have bought insurance in my own country, can I claim for compensation from my local insurance company and the cover provided by China Highlights?
Yes. There is no restriction to prevent this on the cover provided by China Highlights. This matter is entirely between you and the insurance company in your home country. As far as we are concerned you can be compensated by both insurance companies.
Q & A about Insurance by Our Customers
My wife and I are booking a trip to China through firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be in China from March 28 through April 16. Delia sent us to this webpage to get information and pricing on international trip insurance. We are residents of the US.What is the cost of trip insurance and what does it cover.How do we pay for it. I couldn''t figure this out from the webpage.