Douglas's Feedback on 8-Day China Tour
- Language: English
Life is just like a long trip, there is all kind of experience during the trip and I am always on the way!
|Client: Douglas||Age: Unknown||Nationality: United States|
|Tour Date: March 25, 2013 - April 1, 2013|
|FeedBack Date: March 30, 2013|
|Itinerary: 8 Days of Selected Ancient & Modern China Tour A|
Gary, our guide in Beijing, was fabulous. Couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating or more learned and he is a great person. I would definitely strongly recommend him to anybody and I think you should use him as often as possible.
P.S. The room in Xian is great.
Sorry for the delayed response. I have been exceptionally busy since our return. My assessment of our tour is as follows.
1. I would give an outstanding mark for coordination. We were met at each destination. We were escorted to our departures. All travel arrangements worked. The guides/drivers were flexible and on time.
2. I would give very high marks to the choice of destinations and I think we maximized the time we had to visit. The Great Wall and the Terra cotta warriors were the highlights for me.
3. All the drivers were courteous and we felt safe.
4. The guides were uneven though all were courteous. Mike has limited English language skills and is not prepared to expound on what we were seeing or answer questions. Gary, on the other hand, was outstanding and a joy to have. We were lucky. Nono was in between both on her skills, attitude, and knowledge. Most of what she said we could have gleaned from tour books. She had to use the internet to get to the next layer so we never bothered asking deeper questions. So we would judge her OK but not stellar.
5. The restaurants varied in quality, price, service. Again, we were most satisfied with those in Beijing, but less so with the lunches in Shanghai and Xian. So, OK, but not stellar.
6. We did not enjoy being taken to places intended for us to make purchases. Indeed, I think we were too polite and in retrospect I would have insisted that we not stop.
7. As you know, the Days Inn is not a Deluxe Hotel in our opinion and the fact that it was having internal renovations or cleaning made it less so. We have travelled widely and appreciate that one has to pay for location and the location was great. Nevertheless, I would suggest to other that they get realistic pictures of the accommodations before they finalize housing arrangements. Had we known the room was essentially no larger than the bed, that there were no closets, etc, we certainly would have booked elsewhere even at a higher price. The other accommodations were fine.
I would be happy to address any important categories I overlooked. We very much appreciate the help you provided before and throughout our stay and your flexibility as our plans evolved. I wish you great success going forward.
The Real Evaluation for the Destionation(s)
|Attitude & Services||5||Gary was a guide with excellence|
|Knowledge of Subjects||5||extraordinary knowledgable with enormous grasp of big picture of world history plus amazing ...read more|
|Command of English||5|
|Flexibility||5||he was helpful at every step + went out of his way to make sure for needs were met, exceeded all ...read more|
|The Forbidden City||5||extraordinary wow|
|Hutong Tour in Xicheng District||5||very meaningful-important|
|Tiananmen Square||5||impresssive+historically significant|
|Temple of Heaven||5||we took a million pictures wow|
|The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car)||5||we hiked a mile on the wall, the air was clean, wow|
|Summer Palace with boat Cruise and the Garden of Virtue and Harmony||5||beautiful, hiked to the tower of Buddha incense|
|Courtyard 7 Restaurant(Lunch)||4.5||delicious|
|Roasted Duck at Fangzhuang(Dinner)||4.5||felt a little like factory and duck was delicious|
|Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant(Lunch)||4.5||service was just ok, food was good|
|Days Inn Forbidden City Hotel Beijing|
|Location||5||hotel was close to important sites|
|Service||3||room was very small+halls semlled of varnish|
|Room Comfort||3||no hair dryer|
|Breakfast/Meals||4||only very basic necessaries, food was good, staff not very welcoming , staff unfriendly|
|Cleanliness||4||bathroom + carpet were dirty|