Douglas's Feedback on 8-Day China Tour
|Client: Douglas||Age: Unknown||Nationality: United States|
|Tour Date: March 25, 2013 - April 1, 2013|
|FeedBack Date: March 30, 2013|
Gary, our guide in Beijing, was fabulous. Couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating or more learned and he is a great person. I would definitely strongly recommend him to anybody and I think you should use him as often as possible.
P.S. The room in Xian is great.
Sorry for the delayed response. I have been exceptionally busy since our return. My assessment of our tour is as follows.
1. I would give an outstanding mark for coordination. We were met at each destination. We were escorted to our departures. All travel arrangements worked. The guides/drivers were flexible and on time.
2. I would give very high marks to the choice of destinations and I think we maximized the time we had to visit. The Great Wall and the Terra cotta warriors were the highlights for me.
3. All the drivers were courteous and we felt safe.
4. The guides were uneven though all were courteous. Mike has limited English language skills and is not prepared to expound on what we were seeing or answer questions. Gary, on the other hand, was outstanding and a joy to have. We were lucky. Nono was in between both on her skills, attitude, and knowledge. Most of what she said we could have gleaned from tour books. She had to use the internet to get to the next layer so we never bothered asking deeper questions. So we would judge her OK but not stellar.
5. The restaurants varied in quality, price, service. Again, we were most satisfied with those in Beijing, but less so with the lunches in Shanghai and Xian. So, OK, but not stellar.
6. We did not enjoy being taken to places intended for us to make purchases. Indeed, I think we were too polite and in retrospect I would have insisted that we not stop.
7. As you know, the Days Inn is not a Deluxe Hotel in our opinion and the fact that it was having internal renovations or cleaning made it less so. We have travelled widely and appreciate that one has to pay for location and the location was great. Nevertheless, I would suggest to other that they get realistic pictures of the accommodations before they finalize housing arrangements. Had we known the room was essentially no larger than the bed, that there were no closets, etc, we certainly would have booked elsewhere even at a higher price. The other accommodations were fine.
I would be happy to address any important categories I overlooked. We very much appreciate the help you provided before and throughout our stay and your flexibility as our plans evolved. I wish you great success going forward.