Beijing Changdian Temple Fair
- Celebrated: Jan.
- Location: Beijing
For visitors who want to have an authentic northern Chinese festival experience, the Changdian Temple Fair is a vibrant, energetic celebration that welcomes Chinese and foreigners alike. Like most temple fairs, this festival celebrates the coming of Chinese New Year.
The area around Changdian used to house three different Buddhist temples, so this fair was one of the largest temple fairs in Beijing. Even though the temples are not in the area anymore, the large festival has remained, and isone of the most beloved temple fairs in Beijing.
Events and Food
The fair has many stages filled with a variety of traditional and modern entertainers. A Chinese lion dance takes place in the streets during the festival. Also there are hundreds of booths selling food, handicrafts and antiques. The fair area is contained in one area. This is a great place to try a great variety of snacks from different regions of China, with a wide range of food booths.
- Where:19 Taiping Jie (near National Ballet of China), Xuanwu District (6353 2385) 陶然亭公园, 宣武区太平街19号. Take Subway Line 4 to Taoranting Station.
- When:This festival is free and open to the public from morning through late at night for the three days surrounding the Lunar New Year every year. Reservations are not required. This is one of the most popular events in Beijing so be prepared for crowds.
- Celebrating Chinese New Year in Beijing
- Dongyue Temple Fair
- Five Wealth Gods Temple Fair
- Baiyun Temple Fair
Recommended Festival Tours
Questions and Answers About Beijing Changdian Temple Fair
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.