Beijing Chrysanthemum Exhibition
- Celebrated: Sep. 26 to Nov. 16
- Location: Beijing
The Beijing Chrysanthemum Festival (北京菊花文化节) takes place in Beijing every fall. Visitors can enjoy the fine autumn weather and see thousands of colorful chrysanthemums, one of the four traditional flowers of China.
Visitors can view and purchase the flowers in several different parks across the city. The most famous staging areas for the festival are Beihai Park, and the International Flower Port. Both provide an opportunity to view thousands of varieties of beautiful chrysanthemums.
Chrysanthemums have a long history in China. However, at the beginning of the 20th century, the number of chrysanthemum varieties started to decrease. The Beijing Chrysanthemum Festival began as an effort to rejuvenate the traditional culture of chrysanthemums.
The closest subway stop to Beihai Park is Tiananmen East. From there, the park entrance is about 15 minutes away on foot.
The International Flower Port is far from the city center, but can be reached by a combination of subway line 15 and bus 41.
Entry costs vary according to venue, but generally, tickets are affordable. Booking tickets in advance is unnecessary. As the festival locations are mostly outdoor, check the weather forecast before leaving.
Recommended Festival Tours
I updated this article on June 7, 2013
See all my travel articles
Questions and Answers About Beijing Chrysanthemum Exhibition
- Send your inquiry January 1 – February 28, 2014, and we will email you a US$30 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till December 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth US$300 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
- The coupon cannot be combined with any other coupons, promotions or discounts.