Gongcheng Peach Blossom Festival
- Location: Guilin
The Gongcheng Peach Blossom Festival is celebrated about two weeks in March when the peach trees are in full bloom on Daling Shan (‘Big Mountain Range Hill’) in Xiling Township, Gongcheng County, Guilin Prefecture, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region (广西壮族自治区桂林市恭城县西岭乡大岭山).
As the beginning of a series of tourism festivals in Guilin, Gongcheng Peach Blossom Festival is one of the highlights of Guilin’s spring attractions, and attracts people from all over the country. Besides magnificent hillside views of peach blossom, you can also experience Yao minority customs through various interesting activities.
- Southern agricultural scenes
- 2,000 meters of peach-tree-lined road for tourists to enjoy
- Traditional cultural activities
- Tasty oil tea
- Unique Yao customs
Confucius-worshipping Activity (祭孔活动)
It’s one of the oldest activities with more than a 2,000-year history in China. Visit the Confucius Temple in Gongcheng Town, where people often give traditional performances in the ceremony.
Large-Scale Theatrical Performance (大型文艺演出)
There are performances of different kinds.
Oil Tea Feast (油茶宴)
Oil tea is one of the specialties of Guilin’s minority peoples, and there is also an Oil Tea Cultural Festival. The special tea has a beautiful color, strong smell, and tasty flavor. It canaid digestion and wake you up.
Folk Culture Show（民俗文化展示）
You can experience unique local folk culture on every side through the show, especially Yao customs.
How to Get There
Daling Hill is only about 100 km from Guilin city, but taking a bus from Guilin bus station to Gongcheng Town, a second bus to Xiling Township, and then either a minibus or pedicab to Daling Shan, takes over 4 hours.
Far better is to take private transport (provided for all our Guilin tours) and get there in 2? hours.
Recommended Festival Tours
I updated this article on February 20, 2014
See all my travel articles
Questions and Answers About Gongcheng Peach Blossom Festival
- Send your inquiry January 1 – February 28, 2014, and we will email you a US$30 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till December 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth US$300 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
- The coupon cannot be combined with any other coupons, promotions or discounts.