South China Book Festival
- Celebrated: Aug. 16 to Aug. 22
- Location: Guangzhou
South China Book Festival, a cultural feast for book-lovers, is a teenager-oriented exhibition to foster people's reading habits in daily life. It's held annually at a fixed time and place. There are 18 different themed pavilions that show different kinds of books and audiovisual products.
Highlights in 2013
- Setting up a new parallel session in Chaozhou City to provide attendees with more options
- Themed pavilions displaying Taiwan's culture and Hong Kong's culture
- Introducing a “Study Concept” to exhibit high-end cultural collections
- Chances of face to face talks with famous writers, including the winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature
- One week's lectures and forums from well-known writers at home and from abroad
Venue: Area B of China Import and Export Fair Complex (382 East Xingang Road, Guangzhou)
How to get there: take subway line 8 to Pazhou (琶洲), or take bus 229, 239, 262 or 304 to Pazhou
Recommended Festival Tours
I updated this article on April 18, 2014
See all my travel articles
Questions and Answers About South China Book Festival
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.