Suzhou Taihu Lake Plum Blossom Festival
- Celebrated: Feb.
- Location: Suzhou
Suzhou Taihu Lake Plum Blossom Festival is the number one tourism festival in the early spring in Suzhou city. It is also the tourism festival with the most influence and brand effect in Suzhou. Suzhou has been a well-known place for plum blossom in China since ancient times, and has developed a rich plum blossom culture.
The place "Linwo Mei Hai" has become the largest base for plum blossom tourism and culture. "Linwo Mei Hai" is located in Linwodong tourist area.
The north of the tourist area is the plum park, which is famous for its 6.7 square kilometers of plum trees. There are more than 30 sorts of plums. When all the trees blossom the park becomes a vast plum blossom sea and tourists come to gaze at the spectacle.
The festival has "the plum" as its theme and a variety of large-scale folk culture activities. It shares the symbolic meaning of the mountain, the lake, the flower, and the snow.
Activities include singing and dancing from south of the Yangtze River, Suzhou Pingtan, string and woodwind music performances, drama, folk songs and dances, painting, a photography show, a bonsai exhibition, and other folk arts and crafts shows. Non-cultural activities include a food exhibition, a technology products exhibition, and snacks to buy.
Ticket price: 50 RMB/person
- Take bus 58 from Suzhou Wuzhong Bus Station (苏州吴中汽车站) to Linwodong (林屋洞)
- Take bus 69 from Suzhou Railway Station (苏州火车站) to Linwodong
Questions and Answers About Suzhou Taihu Lake Plum Blossom Festival
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.