Maps of Giant Pandas
- Name: The Chinese call it the ‘big bear-cat’ (大熊猫 da xiongmao /dah-sshyong-maow/).
- Size: 75 centimeters (2.5 foot) tall and 1.5 meters (5 foot) long
- Weight: Up to 150 kg (330 lb)
- Habitat: Central- Western and Southwest China.Mainly Sichuan. A few in Shaanxi and Gansu. See the map
- Diet: 99% bamboo. 13 kg (30 lb) or more a day.
- Life Span: Up to 30 years in captivity, but usually only 15 to 20 years in the wild
- Protection Status: Endangered. Estimates of giant panda numbers in the wild vary between 1,500 and 3,000.
Giant Panda Distribution Map
Map of Current and Historic Range of Giant Pandas
Top Giant Panda Tours
- Giant Pandas, Yangtze River and Golden Triangle Combo
- Visit the homeland of Giant Pandas in Chengdu, but also the famous Golden Triangle - Beijing, Shanghai and Xi'an.
- Chengdu & Bifengxia Panda Breeding Center Experience
- Join a two-day Panda Volunteer Experience to care and interact with the pandas, and see the ancient Chengdu.
- Panda Keeper Program and Chengdu Highlights Tour
- Join an International Internship Program or Panda Keeper Program to have an opportunity to feed the pandas and then give then a cool bath.
Travel Advice or Question? Ask us here 800-2682918 (USA & CA) 86-773-2831999 1800-764678 (AU) 0800-0327753 (UK) 800-8793-007 (China)
Q:rebecca Asked on 4:30 PM Jan. 31 2012 Reply
Hey how long are normal pandas
The noemal pandsa are 1,200 to 1,800 centimeters long and 80 to 150 Kg weight.
Hope it helps. Candice Song Replied on 01:11 AM Feb. 01 2012