Maps of Giant Pandas
- Name: The Chinese call it the ‘big bear-cat’ (大熊猫 da xiongmao /dah-sshyong-maow/).
- Size: 75 centimeters (2.5 foot) tall and 1.5 meters (5 foot) long
- Weight: Up to 150 kg (330 lb)
- Habitat: Central- Western and Southwest China.Mainly Sichuan. A few in Shaanxi and Gansu. See the map
- Diet: 99% bamboo. 13 kg (30 lb) or more a day.
- Life Span: Up to 30 years in captivity, but usually only 15 to 20 years in the wild
- Protection Status: Endangered. Estimates of giant panda numbers in the wild vary between 1,500 and 3,000.
Giant Panda Distribution Map
Map of Current and Historic Range of Giant Pandas
Top Giant Panda Tours
- Chengdu Panda Tour
- You will visit the Panda Breeding and Research Center to see the cute black-and-white animals, the romantic lanes in Chengdu, and the Giant Buddha cut in the Tang Dynasty.
- China Family Classic Tour
- Activities designed for your family, make this classic China tour a perfect choice for a family vacation.
- Chengdu and Bifengxia Panda Breeding Center Volunteer Experience
- This tour combines Bifengxia Giant Panda Base, and the highlight attractions in Chengdu including Jinli Ancient Street and Sanxingdui Museum.
Planning a trip? Ask us here 800-2682918 (USA & CA) 86-773-2831999 1800-764678 (AU) 0800-0327753 (UK) 800-8793-007 (China)
Q:rebecca Asked on 4:30 PM Jan. 31 2012 Reply
Hey how long are normal pandas
The noemal pandsa are 1,200 to 1,800 centimeters long and 80 to 150 Kg weight.
Hope it helps. Candice Song Replied on 01:11 AM Feb. 01 2012