When is the best time to see the pandas?
- Name: The Chinese call it the ‘big bear-cat’ (大熊猫 da xiongmao /dah-sshyong-maow/).
- Size: 75 centimeters (2.5 foot) tall and 1.5 meters (5 foot) long
- Weight: Up to 150 kg (330 lb)
- Habitat: Central- Western and Southwest China.Mainly Sichuan. A few in Shaanxi and Gansu. See the map »
- Diet: 99% bamboo. 13 kg (30 lb) or more a day.
- Life Span: Up to 30 years in captivity, but usually only 15 to 20 years in the wild
- Protection status: Endangered。 Estimates of giant panda numbers in the wild vary between 1,500 and 3,000.
- Giant Panda Facts »
The following is the daily schedule of an adult panda. It is best to visit them during their meal times or play times. Early in the morning before 9 o’clock is a very suitable time, when pandas come out to eat.
- 12:00 am – 2:00 am rest
- 2:00 am – 7:40 am breakfast
- 7:40 am – 10:30 am morning break
- 10:30 am – 11:00 am play time
- 11:00 am – 12:00 am lunch
- 12:00 am – 2:30 pm noon break
- 2:30 pm – 9:00 pm supper
- 9:00 pm – 12:00 pm night sleep
More Giant Panda FAQs
- Are Giant Pandas Dangerous?
- Why are giant pandas black and white?
- Why are pandas so popular and cute?
- When is the best time to see the pandas?
- Where can I see giant pandas in China?
- Are there any programs where I can take care of the pandas?
- What are the differences between Bifengxia Giant Panda Base and Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding?
- What should I know while visiting or taking care of the pandas?
- Chengdu Highlights and Panda Tour from $380
- Panda Keeper and Chengdu Highlights Tour
from $615 USD
- Giant Pandas, Yangtze River and Golden Triangle Combo from $2146 USD
- Panda Discovery and Chengdu Highlights Tour
from $407 USD
- » More tours to see pandas