The 32 Guilin attractions listed are predominantly scenic, with the Li River's karst vistas famous worldwide. Elephant Trunk Hill is the emblem of Guilin. There are countless imaginatively named hills to climb, caves to explore, and rivers and lakes to cruise. The Longsheng rice terraces are a magnificent demonstration of man working in harmony with the landscape.
Merryland, with its theme park rides makes a great children's day out, and nearby Yangshuo caters for the Western tourist well. Guilin is a great place to experience countryside life, with many minority and rural themed attractions. See our Guilin tours or How to Plan a Day in Guilin for some typical ways to combine Guilin's best sights.
Also read The Pick of Guilin.
Questions and Answers About Guilin Attractions
Hi Teresa, the best places in Guilin are: the Li River cruise from Guilin to Yangshuo, the Terraced Fields in Longsheng, the countryside in Yangshuo where there would be vast stretches of rape flowers, the Reed Flute Cave, the Elephant Trunk Hill, etc.
Do you need any tour service? We would like to send you an itinerary for your reference. Could you please kindly let me know the number of people and class of hotel you'd like to stay in? Thanks, WhitneyWhitney Liao replied on 2014-03-06
Hi Jazz, below are some places recomended:
1. Elephant Trunk Hill (exterior view), it is not necessary to go inside the park, as really not much worth visiting.
2. Li River cruise
3. Yangshuo county and the countryside
4. Longsheng Terraced Field in Guzhuangzhai (the fields are in the period of water storage )
5. Daxu Ancient Town, while you can see the local customs in Chinese New Year
Regarding to the nightlife, I suggest that you go to the Zhengyang Pedestrian Street. There are bars, stores, snack senter, etc.
You can also walk around the Sun and Moon Pagoda Park and the Ronghu Park. The night views are beautiful.
Have fun in Guilin!
Whitney Liao replied on 2014-01-27
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
- Chinese Name:桂林
- Chinese Pinyin: Guìlín
- Location:South China
- Latitude: 25° 16' N
- Longitude: 110° 17' E
- Elevation:150 M (492 FT)
- Area Code: 0773
- Population: 5 million
- Time Zone: (UTC+8)