Gudong Waterfall Tourist Area is the largest forest park in Guilin as well as the forest park nearest to Guilin city. It is famous for its unique waterfall: Gudong Waterfall. Unlike other waterfalls where visitors can just enjoy them from a distance, visitors can play in the Gudong Waterfall. It is not common to see visitors climb waterfalls in China.
Gudong Waterfall is located in the south of Daxu ancient town, Lingchuan County. It is 25 kilometers from Guilin city. The waterfall is divided into 13 cascades. It has a drop of 90 meters and a mean width of 20 meters. As many visitors will come and play here, some iron chains were stalled on both sides of the waterfall for safety concerns.
The major characteristic of the Gudong waterfall Tourist Area is the popularization of environmental protection. Deliberately-designed boards and attractions remind visitors of the importance of environmental protection. Visitors to Gudong Waterfall can not only have a close encounter with nature, but also learn some useful knowledge of environmental protection.
- How to get there: Visitors can take the tourist bus "Guilin - Crown Cave (冠岩, Guanyan Cave, another scenic spot)" at Guilin Bus Station. It can take visitors to the Gudong Waterfall directly. The earliest bus departing from Guilin starts at 7:30 and the last bus departing from Guanyan leaves at 18:30.
- Opening time: The opening time is from 8:30 to 16:30 every day. (The whole course takes around 2 hours.)
Questions and Answers About Gudong Waterfall
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
I updated this article on March 21, 2014
See all my travel articles